• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Redirect Virus.

Arkrite

master brummie
I suppose some of you have had one at sometime or other. You type in a search, click a chosen lead then you end up anywhere but your chosen web page. I have found you can pick these little beasties up on the most innocent of sites so everyone is vulnerable. The Google browser is particularly prone to these. The major malware programs often fail to find the virus .
If you get this problem try down loading Hitman Pro from C.Net.The free trial lasts about 15 days after which I delete it. This program has never failed to solve the problem and it only takes a few minutes and a couple of mouse clicks.
I have no interest whatsoever in Hitman Pro or C.net other than as a very satisfied user.

Hello Arkrite,

I had the problem several months back and it is a right pain and so difficult to get rid of. I eventually found Hitman and it was brilliant - unfortuately the trial doesn't last long....Well worth everybody taking note of the software name because you will need it one day?????:)
Humph

Back