• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Reddicap tavern Reddicap Heath Sutton Coldfield

STEWARD

master brummie
Hi could anyone help me with finding out the history of the reddicap tavern or what was there before it was built,my brother runs the pub and there are some strange goings on,would love to find out about it thankyou.

Wendy I wonder if Steward means "The Reddicap" I cannot recall it ever being called the Reddicap Tavern if so I think it was built on green fields in the 30s not sure for def. though. Dek

Is this it?
[h=1]The Reddicap Tavern, Reddicap Heath - pub details[/h] Address: 20 Hollyfield Road South, Reddicap Heath, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands

When I worked at Alexander Controls on the Reddicap trading estate, "The Reddicap” was where we went for a lunch time drink.

Well you couldn't do that today could you our kid...lol

It seems the original poster thinks it may be haunted did you ever hear any tales like that?

I,ve got the right pub then. This pub is not that old must have been built between the wars. I wonder if something else was there before it.Dek

Hi ive heard it was built in the 30s but wasnt to sure,just wanted to find out if anything ever went on at that pub,i know from what the locals have said there is a lady that roams the pub and some have it on photos,there is also a man which was caught on camera just yesterday,if anyone can help find out if anything went on would be great.

When I worked at Alexander Controls on the Reddicap trading estate, "The Reddicap” was where we went for a lunch time drink.
Hi John I worked at Alexander Controls in 1966 to 1975 when Gilbert Broadstock was MD and Laurie Robbins was his partner. I worked inSales office with Mr Corbett also Harry Strong, Len Neal and other people I remember were Diane Williams who married Ron Cooper, Celia Moorhouse on reception. I was working the night Gilbert died really scary, he was such a lovely guy and I went to Reddicap for lunchtimes on occasion.

Here is a map from the 1950s showing the Reddicap pub on the edge in red on the far right

map c1950s showing the Reddicap pub.jpg

Hi John I worked at Alexander Controls in 1966 to 1975 when Gilbert Broadstock was MD and Laurie Robbins was his partner. I worked inSales office with Mr Corbett also Harry Strong, Len Neal and other people I remember were Diane Williams who married Ron Cooper, Celia Moorhouse on reception. I was working the night Gilbert died really scary, he was such a lovely guy and I went to Reddicap for lunchtimes on occasion.
Hi, I worked on the lathe section, Alf Stokes was the forman, Doug Jennings was forman over the capstans, Tommy Spinks toolroom forman, Laurie Robbins was general manager, Andy Ingram was another forman,

Back