• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recipents

Paul Narramore

Brummie babby
I am struggling to understand what is meant by 'recipients'. I've attempted to post a subject yet I have to state who the 'recipient' is. Why can't, like other forums, simply be open to anybody to receive?

Many Forums have a private messaging system such as this Forum, and as implied the message is private and not open to all.

Yes but my post was a general post and open to anybody. This seems a pretty complicated forum. Fortunately I searched again and found an item fairly similar so posted there. One more hurdle I've crossed today.

Yes but my post was a general post and open to anybody. This seems a pretty complicated forum. Fortunately I searched again and found an item fairly similar so posted there. One more hurdle I've crossed today.
Welcome to the Forum.
You needed to start a "new thread" for your post to be public.
As Pedro said - messages are private hence the need for a "recipient"

Back