• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

recent fire in sparkbrook

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI GUYS ;
Sorry to be a pain but could some one recall the recent fire a month back down in spark brook ; it was down a rd
behind stratford rd i think it was the last thread i may have mentionioned it was a furnishing maufactory
and they said it was a spark or some think that started it ;
i would really appreciate it some one can recall the name of the premises ;as i am doing a project on fires in brum;
for the love nor money i just cannot think of the street it may have been stanhope street
i beleive theymake beds ; and etc;
many thanks have a nice day everybody ;astonian;;

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Berie ;
many thanks bernie yes it is the one i want and its fits into my jig saw of staticist of fires that i am persueing ;
i have accumulated on these fires and this will be my iceing on the cake ; thanks bernie ;
this company is apart of beds direct ; whom are still trading ; and they are part of the company of midland propertys and finnance
and beds direct they called themselves this name direct furtiture choice after the last one on tyburn rd [ fire ]
and moved to montiy street years ago i remember them moving out and seeing the company moving in and changing the name temp ;
since the fire they have openend up another shop called beds direct ; not far from them on the warick rd ; which is the other end of stratford rd ; in the 1950-s they also had a fire ; massive ; there ; they are also on the harborne high street where midland finnance company started along with old jack dixons propertys but he is not connected to this finance ;
thanks bernie ; best wishes astonian ;; alan;

Hi Alan,
Looks a biit suspicious on the Todays Post list:-
Recent fire in Sparkbrook
Started by Astonian 1 day ago

What you bin a doing of?

hi dave ;
firstly i am sorry i missed your welcoming party last week but i was unable to get to brum owing to personal matters
may be there will be another opportituneity in the future god willing ; and that your wife and your good slf had a rousingreception on your arrival;
and that you are both well;
on the subject of the fires i am doing a project on a fire raisers on how can people repeating haveing fires on there propertys
every where they move ; suspic; yes thats the word ; i am thinking now its started with a family fire of a property
which my relatives lived in for years and it was a very old property so its timbers would be very dry ;
and one as to think about it ; lets just say i have a certain intrest ; but do not worry dave ; its not me being a fire bug ;
but i would like these things to stop so i am on the trail of the fire raisers ; thats all i can say at the moment
i would liketo say more dave but i cannot for being restricted of what i say ; but as you know there ae these people whom go around creating arson for illegally gains ; or they are abit disracted in the heads or its home less peope sleeping rough so i am doing a research so to speak;
well dave i have to go now but best wishes to you and your good lady and wish you all the best wishes for the new year to come
your old friend alan ;; astonia

Hi Alan. If you are referring to Dave Bath's welcoming party you are still in time my old mate.- See below:

Hi All,
I have to thank Astoness (Lyn) for organising this "meet-up" on 10th Nov. I'm sure it will be an interesting afternoon.
I only thought about this today - I will be meeting a group of "strangers" who I actually know a lot about! I note that the thread has awoken some ex-Bracebridgeians! I look forward to meeting the people who will be giving up their time to say, "Hello".
See you there!

Bernie

hi bernie ; many thanks for telling me ;i really thought i had missed it i will be popping along then ;as i have spoken with dave afew times over the years and on
and i have him on my friends section ; so it will be great to meet him and his good lady wife ;
many thanks again bernie you are a really hard working gem; have a nice day bernie , best wishes as always astonian;;

Back