• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rebuild lost Great War Memorial at St.Barnabas Church Erdington

Nick Bradbury

master brummie
Hi all,

I want to start a new thread only to encourage those who may not know.
In 2007 we lost the Great War memorial in a fire at St. Barnabas Church in Erdington.
Well after two years of research and what not, it seems we have the go ahead to make a new
memorial.
I have a full list of names qty 139 of all those fallen in the Great War.
I have the backing from the church and some councillors.
But there are some skills that I hope someone out there will have.
I need to build a web site, and I need someone who knows how to do crowd funding.
Can you help?
Nick.

Attachments

• StBarnabasErdingtonMemorialXWW1.jpg
    StBarnabasErdingtonMemorialXWW1.jpg
    734.9 KB · Views: 13
Hi Nick, build you website with WordPress, for what you need the free version of WordPress should do. Just thing of crowdfunding, are you intending a campain or would you just like to raise a few hundered quid by donations? If so try looking at Virgin Money Giving, they make life easy for things like this.

You could also aproace a professorial fund raiser who works of commission.

Mike, they all do including the crowdfunding schemes. I did the comparisons stuff and found that Virgin Money took a one off payment, and only take a commission if you use the gift aid facility. We soon covered our initial outlay in the first week.

Hi Guys, well I have been in meetings this week with local councillors, and I have decided to start with a Facebook page.
I will name it Erdington Great War Memorial should you be inquisitive.
Tell your mates please and lets get things moving.
Hope you like it.

Hi Guys, well I have been in meetings this week with local councillors, and I have decided to start with a Facebook page.
I will name it Erdington Great War Memorial should you be inquisitive.
Tell your mates please and lets get things moving.
Hope you like it.

Not everyone is on Facebook or even likes it, so please keep the Forum informed.

Yes, I am happy to keep everyone up to speed.
I am using Facebook because it has a wider audience.
To make this happen we need to spread the word far and wide.
I am new to what I am about to do, I have not the practice or experience, but if face book helps then so be it.
I hope all will support the final outcome.

Back