• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Really gratefull for a marriage look up!!

E

emmatallulah

Hello!

My name is Emma, I have previously reached a dead end on finding information out about some relatives but have just accidently stubled accross your wonderful site!!

I wondered if you had any information about the Marriage of Thomas Cotterill/Cottrill (DOB 1750) and Sarah Higgins (DOB 1751). I think the marriage took place in 1772 at St Martins in Birmingham and (i could be wrong but it may help) I think it was on the 21 September.

From what I can gather Sarah Higgins was from the local area and may have even been baptised at this church but again I cannot find further information.

If you have anything I can work with it would be amazing but I understand it was a very long time ago so if not dont worry.

Many many thanks for your help!!
Emma

PS: Below is some info I found about where the records maybe held - included just incase it helps.

Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
spacer.gif
M010722 1708 - 1795 0919765-0919767 Film 6900689 Film

the marriage was at st. martins emma

the cert doesnt have a lot of info but this is what there is.

thomas cotterill of this parish and sarah higgins of st. phillips were married in this church by banns this 21st day of september 1772

they both signed their names and the witnesses were john allendore?? and eliz eaves

i did have a look for the baptisms in case they were at st. martins but the records are very difficult to read and i didnt spot anything, sorry

Wow - thank you so much!!

Thanks really fantastic!!

Do you think I maybe able to look up Thomas' christening or is this going too far back in time?

A million thanks for your help!!

Oh sorry i have just seen your next post - thanks for checking anyway!

Hi Emma, not sure if I have replied to you once before or not. Are you a descendant of Thomas and Sarah Cotterill. I am (Glenys Cottrill). Did you manage to get a baptism record for Thomas?
Rgds, Glenys

Back