• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Raymond Taffy Phillips

Lee Bannerman

Brummie babby
Looking for Raymond Taffy Phillips from Alum Rock area. Has a finger chopped off and a wonkey eye. Used to work in taxi rank on Alum Rock Road....

Looking for Raymond Taffy Phillips from Alum Rock area. Has a finger chopped off and a wonkey eye. Used to work in taxi rank on Alum Rock Road....
Lee, I would be very surprised if any relationship, but do you know any more regarding Raymond? apart from a wonky eye.

Nick S Phillips ‍♂️

Lee,

I've sent you a private message. Click on the envelope icon, top right.

Maurice :cool:

sorry nick i thought that you thought that sospiri had sent you a private message...i was just pointing out that he sent one to lee not you...sorry if ive confused you.

lyn

sorry nick i thought that you thought that sospiri had sent you a private message...i was just pointing out that he sent one to lee not you...sorry if ive confused you.

lyn
Lyn, I have no idea who Sospiri is, less idea why she would send me a message.

I may have it all wrong but I thought Lee was trying to send me a message regarding Raymond Phillips.

But Lyn, if you are same Lyn that often posts messages I thank you for all your effort.

But can I say I get confused when I see Lyn at the end, but "Astoness said" at the top.

Nick S Phillips ‍♂️ .

Nick,

I am a he not a she. :)

I sent a private message to Lee because it contained addresses of possible people he was looking for - Data Privacy Act and all that.

Nick,

I am a he not a she. :)

I sent a private message to Lee because it contained addresses of possible people he was looking for - Data Privacy Act and all that.

Maurice, sorry for mix up on gender. I sent Lee a message regarding Raymond Phillips. It seems that I received a number of messages from yourself ,Lyn, (sospiri) ?, Lee.
I'm unsure at times who's who, do people use two names?
I seem unable to find some of the messages that have been sent to myself .

My interest was who is/was Raymond Phillips. It may be time to put this to one side, I never thought that Raymond Phillips is an extended member of my family but its always better to keep an open mind.

Nick S Phillips ‍♂️ .

Maurice, sorry for mix up on gender. I sent Lee a message regarding Raymond Phillips. It seems that I received a number of messages from yourself ,Lyn, (sospiri) ?, Lee.
I'm unsure at times who's who, do people use two names?
I seem unable to find some of the messages that have been sent to myself .

My interest was who is/was Raymond Phillips. It may be time to put this to one side, I never thought that Raymond Phillips is an extended member of my family but its always better to keep an open mind.

Nick S Phillips ‍♂ .

Nick,

No problem at all. My username is Sospiri, but most people here know me by my real name of Maurice. Since Raymond may still be alive, we use the private messaging system when giving out things like addresses or telephone numbers in order to avoid infringing the Data Privacy Act. (Sospiri, incidentally, is what the Italians call the Bridge of Sighs, and it is also the name of a piece of music by Sir Edward Elgar).

The chances of someone on the Forum knowing Raymond Phillips is fairly small, but some of us do have other resources such as Electoral Rolls which may help to locate the person under certain circumstances. Unfortunately, Phillips is not exactly a rare name and we're not sure whether he has other forenames or when he was born. But don't worry about it, it takes a while to get used to the Forum software. Just continue to enjoy your time here.

Nick,

No problem at all. My username is Sospiri, but most people here know me by my real name of Maurice. Since Raymond may still be alive, we use the private messaging system when giving out things like addresses or telephone numbers in order to avoid infringing the Data Privacy Act. (Sospiri, incidentally, is what the Italians call the Bridge of Sighs, and it is also the name of a piece of music by Sir Edward Elgar).

The chances of someone on the Forum knowing Raymond Phillips is fairly small, but some of us do have other resources such as Electoral Rolls which may help to locate the person under certain circumstances. Unfortunately, Phillips is not exactly a rare name and we're not sure whether he has other forenames or when he was born. But don't worry about it, it takes a while to get used to the Forum software. Just continue to enjoy your time here.

Maurice, the Phillips family
Nick,

Maurice, over the years I've sometimes spent days looking for a Phillips. I knew my grandfather was Charles Phillips born 1864, another Charles kept coming up, he was my fathers elder brother my father never spoke of him why I have no idea. For time I dismissed him. At that time they were living next door to each other. It's not an easy family to trace. The family for some reason seemed to travel.
Over the years I have used a number of resources and travelled the U k and Belgium war graves.
Not done much work the last few years, my family tree at the moment only goes back to 1695, but I'm always willing to add names to my tree. I know I have family members out there its finding them that's the difficult part
I've been a member of the Forum for a number of years and believe it helps to keep messages plan and using different names can cause confusion.

I too have been looking for Phillips's from Shropshire going back to the 1500's someone already did the ground work, a popular name. More recently, Jewish Birmingham Phillips's from Tarry Road at one point. Which I partially found. Maybe their name was changed at some point being Jewish. after WW1

I too have been looking for Phillips's from Shropshire going back to the 1500's someone already did the ground work, a popular name. More recently, Jewish Birmingham Phillips's from Tarry Road at one point. Which I partially found. Maybe their name was changed at some point being Jewish. after WW1

Nico, the Phillips in my family tree seem too travel. In 1850 my great great grand father married Mary statudon on 11th Aprl in Winchcombe. Charles was born feb 1864 he was sixth child ( can give other name if interested).
Clare Timms Charles future wife was born 1871 in Coleshill Warwickshire.
Charles (1864) and Clare first born Charles 1889 ( my uncle) in Chelteham.
In 1893 July Charles and Clare marry, they are now living Nechells Birmingham.
In 1893 November Charles and Clare are living Beach street Henry Robert Phillips born.
In 1906 March Charles and Clare are living High St Harborne (then Staffordshire) now Birmingham. Leonard born.
1910 July , Charles E Phillips (my uncle) married Martha Persall living Long Acre Birmingham.
1911 Census Charles and Clare 300 High Street with eleven (11) children.
1911 Census Charles E Phillips and Martha living at 298 High St.
1914 Charle E and Martha first born Sydney Phillips born.
1914 Charles and Clare sixtieth (16) child born Eric Phillips (my father).
1917 Sidney Phillips killed in action.
1917 Charles E Phillips killed in action.
1927 Clare dies. Living at Victoria Rd.

Nico, this is just part of my families history, a lot of work gone into this, I know other members of Phillips moved to Birmingham.
My father was not able to say who or where but part of the family moved to Wales.

Nico, the Phillips in my family tree seem too travel. In 1850 my great great grand father married Mary statudon on 11th Aprl in Winchcombe. Charles was born feb 1864 he was sixth child ( can give other name if interested).
In 1893 November Charles and Clare are living Beach street Henry Robert Phillips born.
In 1906 March Charles and Clare are living High St Harborne (then Staffordshire) now Birmingham. Leonard born.
1910 July , Charles E Phillips (my uncle) married Martha Persall living Long Acre Birmingham.

Nico, this is just part of my families history, a lot of work gone into this, I know other members of Phillips moved to Birmingham.
My father was not able to say who or where but part of the family moved to WalesWell

My father was not able to say who or where but part of the family moved to Wales.
Well that's a lot. I don't have any of these. My Phillips was Elizabeth, her maiden name. One of her sons took the name Phillips as a middle name, one of any of the subsequent male children afterwards were given Phillip as a second Christian name, which has continued to my generation.The surname of Phillips has disappeared. Ironically most of the sons with Phillip as a second name, were called by it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back