• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Randall rugby team - success

craiguito

master brummie
I think I have solved the riddle of the Llanelli rugby team which I posted a while ago; I was trying to find out if my great grandfather was one of a team of 7 brothers who made up a team from Llanelli in 1907 who played against another team of 7 Williams brothers from Carmarthen.

My second cousin lent me a photo of my great grandad from 1907. I've matched them up and I think it's the man on the left, bottom row. Would you agree?

Craig

Hello Graig what a smashing photo and story about the two sets of brothers. I know the Welsh are very passionate about their Rugby!

I have matched photo's a few times in this way and I would agree they are both the same man. The eyes,mustache and although you cant see much hair under his cap it is the same depth of colour and style.

Yes, I was so pleased to have received that other photo in relatively good condition. Now I know I'm linked directly to them I think I'll frame it!

And so you should......Craig you have every right to be proud!:)

Looks the same man to me,could be, he is a bit older on the photo,with his cap on.
Great story about the brother's on two teams,would love to have seen that match,with rugby being a game of passion and two sets of brother's it must have been awesome.Frame the photo.craig,well worth it.

Back