• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Randall rugby team - success

craiguito

master brummie
I think I have solved the riddle of the Llanelli rugby team which I posted a while ago; I was trying to find out if my great grandfather was one of a team of 7 brothers who made up a team from Llanelli in 1907 who played against another team of 7 Williams brothers from Carmarthen.

My second cousin lent me a photo of my great grandad from 1907. I've matched them up and I think it's the man on the left, bottom row. Would you agree?

Craig

W

Wendy

Hello Graig what a smashing photo and story about the two sets of brothers. I know the Welsh are very passionate about their Rugby!

I have matched photo's a few times in this way and I would agree they are both the same man. The eyes,mustache and although you cant see much hair under his cap it is the same depth of colour and style.

craiguito

master brummie
Yes, I was so pleased to have received that other photo in relatively good condition. Now I know I'm linked directly to them I think I'll frame it!

W

Wendy

And so you should......Craig you have every right to be proud!:)

Ray Barrett

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
Looks the same man to me,could be, he is a bit older on the photo,with his cap on.
Great story about the brother's on two teams,would love to have seen that match,with rugby being a game of passion and two sets of brother's it must have been awesome.Frame the photo.craig,well worth it.