• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RAIZE THE BANNER HIGH

R

Robert Harrison

RAIZE THE BANNER HIGH

I see in the depths of a quiet mind all that could be, all that should be,
but the intrusion of all that should not be disturbs the tranquilly of
that which I seek, and all is lost, all is gone. Floating away to be
replaced by a reality that I must live with, enduring that which is to
some extent of my own making. Yet somewhere in the vast expanse
of my existence, lie that which I seek after and is but a short distance away,
waiting like some treasure to be rediscovered, to have the veil of its existence
removed, to shine forth in all clarity and beauty to be stored in my mind
and applied. With that which is stored will come forth a new creature empowered
to change back again that which was once was. Love for ones neighbour,
families unified by an endearing love for one another. The father fulfilling his proper role and being an example to all who live under his roof, not afraid to show love to his wife. Children being obedient to their parents and accepting the rules that all have
had a say in making. Homes where the stranger is made welcome and sent away not wanting. Where talking is the most popular family past time. Governments taking upon themselves only that power which the people can give them. To allow each person to own property vouched safe by an honest Constitution. To tax fairly and not to make any gain for their own political usage. To stay out of the affairs of other countries, and above all let counties and states govern themselves. To have fair tariffs and to let the producers have their say on what they will produce. To make no allegiance with other countries only as far as trade is concerned, this to be done by private companies and producers and not by Goverments. Give aid to other countries through private parties and not Government. To strengthen our defences so that no other power will dare to attack us. A fair judicial system where all criminals will serve the full term of their sentence. Schools will revert back to teaching the three basics and all other events will not determine the scholars grading. People to take a more active role in public affairs. States and Counties to be independent of government control. Tolerance for other ethnic groups.

I see in my mind all of these things replacing the realities that now befall us as nations, kindred's tongues and peoples. I realise that dreams are not enough to make the changes. I do not think that the point of no return has been reached but it is at our doors.
No shining knight will come, for we have all been knighted and as knights we raise our banners of freedom to our Gods and our families and our freedom.

Back