• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Railway tavern, Sparkbrook

George. R Darbyshire

Absent Brummie
Hello,
is there anyone who remembers the Railway Tavern in Kyrwicks Lane Sparkbrook. I used to live opposite
in the 1940s&50s, my uncle & aunt, Bill & Flos Rowlands were the landlords for a time. If anyone has a photograph or knows of one in a book, I would be gratefull for any info.
many thanks George

Hello.
I would like to know about the Railway Tavern my grandfather Charles Hamnett was the landlord in the 20's and 30's hew was still the landlord in 1935 and probably longer.
Many thanks Gilly

Hi. I am hoping these boards are still read often. I have been doing family research and have my step Grandfathers WW1 records. After being discharged due to injuries received in battle he moved to Kyrwicks Lane in particular number 10, Railway Terrace. His name was John Sumner and he lived there from about 1922 until his death around 1957. Just wondered if by some very small chance anyone may have heard of him at all? Or better still remember him? I know it's a very long shot as it was so long ago but you never know

Back