• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Raf 100 Years Old

Thanks for the pics, Ell & HnC,

Those of us some distance away were at least able to get the flavour of the event.

Maurice :)

There was still fences all the way around the site and security, plus bag searches, put me off a bit. Better seen from a distance. Plus crowds of people in queues near the jets.

Yes, Ell, same problem when we went to Pisa four years ago. If you wanted to ascend the Tower, you not only had a search, but had to leave all bags at ground level. Sorry, but I don't do that for anyone.

Maurice

Before I went to Pisa considered booking to go up the tower, but didn't in the end as half an hour for the price wasn't worth it. In the end was better to see it from the ground, although was thousands of tourists all over the place. But well worth seeing it.

And there is also people going around trying to sell stuff on the street! (necklaces / handbags etc). At least that doesn't happen in the UK.

I visited the Lloyd George Museum in North Wales last week, and I spotted these plaques as we were taken to Highgate the childhood home of David Lloyd George.

Ell,

Don't get me started on them. If you're driving, before you've even turned the engine off they are swarming all over you and you have use some rather choice language to get rid of them. Pompeii is even worse once you leave the archaeological site itself.

Maurice

Ell,

Don't get me started on them. If you're driving, before you've even turned the engine off they are swarming all over you and you have use some rather choice language to get rid of them. Pompeii is even worse once you leave the archaeological site itself.

Maurice
Ell & Maurice
The worst place is the Pyramids.
Bob

Bognor for me again this year (Bugger Bognor)

Before I went to Pisa considered booking to go up the tower, but didn't in the end as half an hour for the price wasn't worth it. In the end was better to see it from the ground, although was thousands of tourists all over the place. But well worth seeing it.

And there is also people going around trying to sell stuff on the street! (necklaces / handbags etc). At least that doesn't happen in the UK.

The Hawker Hunter Fighter Bomber seen at the Anglesey Transport Museum, first flew in 1955. A rainy day in Anglesey a couple of weeks ago.

Back