• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Radio/TV now and then.

Going For A Song was indeed a delightful programme. It was a simple format with interest. However it paved the way for the fashion to comb car boot sales, charity bric-a-brac tables etc. for hopefully valuable items. A large part of the population suddenly became 'experts' in antiques. The worst side of this is when someone tells the presenters that they dislike - even hate - an object, but suddenly find affection for it if it is found to be valuable.

No! The Rovers' Return is real! I believe the contents of the till were taken, something very important to my fellow inmate as he wasn't paid much and his expenditure priorities were drink, drink, food and rent.
Usually a landlord is far more careful in where he keeps his money I imagine. The more frequent and despicable thing these days is to steal charity collection boxes from pubs.

The worst side of this is when someone tells the presenters that they dislike - even hate - an object, but suddenly find affection for it if it is found to be valuable.
Fake or Fortune has that in spades! The painting that no-one likes, perhaps valued at £2,000, now £400,000, suddenly becomes an equisite example some famous artist's work.

Back