• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rabone Samuel James

Sandyq106

Family rumour has it that my grandfather Samuel James Rabone 1879-1946 was a trainee priest possibly at New Oscott, but had to leave when his father became ill/died. The death was in 1906. Are there any records that could confirm this ? Any help would be much appreciated

I wanted to be a priest late 50's , I went to St Mary's in Harborne for an interview Archbishop Grimshaw . After the interview he call ed my Mother in only to tell both of us he thought that I was too young. If I was still in the same frame of mind the following year to go through the same process again , needless to say I didn't I think girls came into my life .

Samuel is with his family in 1891 but no sign of him on 1901 census entries, his mother is with her other children and John his father is in All saints hospital his illness Epilepsy.
Samuel married Agnes Gregory in 1902 she died in 1907 and he married Lily Tudor in 1909.

Back