• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

R.A.F pershore worcestershire

M

mblanks

has any one got any pictures of raf pershore i was posted there in 1950 it was training camp for police

Pershore_03d.jpg

Pershore_03e.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Main gate and guardroom[/FONT]​

I was stationed there in 1953/4 it was then a flying school

hi coopbill7 thanks for the picture when i was there it was a bit run down we had to walk to the village and we lived in huts a few W.R.A.F bur mostley R.A.F personal
i got posted again in 1951 many thanks

hi lencops the camp is quite differant when i was there unused airfields the police dogs hated it it was surposed to be hunted near the old tower i believe it was in 1952 when the camp closed down i had happy times there thanks for the pictures

hi coophill7
i didnt hear of a sweat box remember you where there when it was a flying school

re raf pershore
feb 1952 R.A.F.P school completed move from R.A.F.pershore to R.A.F.netheraven in wiltshire

re R.A.F.pershore
feb1951 R.A.F police dog school leaves staverton and joins the R.A.F pershore
i had to look into this as there is no mention of the police school
i was begining to wonder if i dreamed my posting

re raf pershore
lencops
looked at web site no mention of police school emailed this person to give him the information he should get his facts right

1948 RAF POLICE fully committed to support the operation. RAF POLICE School moves from RAF Staverton to RAF Pershore.

re raf pershore
hi
coopbill7 thanks for email glad i got that right had happy times there

re raf pershore
hi coopbill7
whats this with the sweat box my husband would like to no aswell

re raf pershore
hi coopbill7
whats this with the sweat box my husband would like to no aswell
whoops!!!!! see what assuming gets you,:redface: I thought you were a serving AIRMAN, I should have realised when you mentioned wraf huts. the "Sweat box" was the local village hall were they held dances once a week. no wonder a nice young police women(such as yourself) had not heard of it

coopbill7
thanks for the information
i was not a police woman catering
blue for a boy pink for a lady

Back