• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Queslet Road Great Barr

Hi All ,

This is a great thread !
I was born in Chantry Cresent in 1968, it was fantastic seeing the old pictures of the area.
I can remember the newsagents 'Clares' next to the Trees pub allways had a vast selection of crappy plastic toy's that I used to make my mum buy me !
Can any one remember Wrights Farm up at Doe Bank , they used to deliver the milk with a shire horse...and the milky would let the kids sit on the back of the cart .

Grant
Don't forget Fred the Wacadan milkman.

Have merged the two Queslett road threads added somephotos thatbhad been lost and tidied thread up

Last edited:
Yes will exchange details in a PM, been a long time, Tyndale Crescent might have been 1959

Hi John, click on my name, then take it the there, welcome to the site, just having a Tinnie and a pint

Back