• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Queslet Road Great Barr

Hello dek, I don't know which one, the last time I was in the scotts arms was september 1965, for our pam's wedding reception, they lived in Jayshaw Avenue.
regards Paul

My grans brother lived in Jayshaw Avenue and my gran lived in Waddington Avenue next to the alley that led to Gorse Farm Road where my Aunt and Uncle lived. My gran would shout after me when I went to visit my cousin "Mind the horse road" it was ages before I knew what she was on about!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hello wendy, hello jean, my family relations lived at No 99 jayshaw, and its funny about the "Orse road " thing but nearly all the old people when I was growing up called it that.
paul

watch the "orse road" brings so many memories back to me, as a child.. and yes l'm one of the old ones,....but all the years my late brother would phone me he always signed of with watch the "orse road" . Brenda

Hi All ,

This is a great thread !
I was born in Chantry Cresent in 1968, it was fantastic seeing the old pictures of the area.
I can remember the newsagents 'Clares' next to the Trees pub allways had a vast selection of crappy plastic toy's that I used to make my mum buy me !
Can any one remember Wrights Farm up at Doe Bank , they used to deliver the milk with a shire horse...and the milky would let the kids sit on the back of the cart .

Grant
Don't forget Fred the Wacadan milkman.

Have merged the two Queslett road threads added somephotos thatbhad been lost and tidied thread up

Last edited:
Yes will exchange details in a PM, been a long time, Tyndale Crescent might have been 1959

Hi John, click on my name, then take it the there, welcome to the site, just having a Tinnie and a pint

Back