• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Queslet Road Great Barr

Dave I think that pub has changed it's name recently. Will have a look when I go past on Monday. Live not fare from there and pass it on the way to the caravan.

Just had a brain storm Dave. It's called Schofields now. [Don't know how you spell it though]?. Jean.

GGJ Thanks

The Tree`s from Collingwood Drive

Attachments

• trees from collingwood.JPG
    trees from collingwood.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 12
tylerryan Memories Used to drink there while on leave in the 60s, great times Dave

Looking up Romney Way May 2008 The Tree`s on the Left, a old school friend lived in the first house on the right

Attachments

• romney way.JPG
    romney way.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 5
Jean sorry Kenny Allen does not ring a bell, the memory not good, this was prior may 1959 Dave

The pub on the junction on queslett? rd & aldridge rd is named "THE QUESLETT" the pic is taken almost from the car park.
For give me if I am ronge on the spelling.

Hi, Pubs along the Queslett road are or used to be called :-
"The Old Horns" on the junction with the Beacon Road.
"The Trees" on the junction with Collingwood Drive.
"The Deers Leap" on the junction with Cooksey Lane.
"The Queslett" on the junction with Aldridge Road.

The Queslett used to be my local when we lived in Doe Bank Lane.
a great pub in those days run by Bill & Vera. happy memories Goffy

It probably has now Jean, I think the Queslett was a Ember Inn or something the last time I went in there, some sort of quiz night going on, you can't gat a quiet drink these days Goffy

The Trees pub as was is now going to be a Chinese "BUFFET ISLAND" like the one on Tyburn Rd (The old Navigation)

The Old Horns as it was, I was born behind it (in a house) used to help the blacksmith, young and free.
the%20old%20horns%20pub.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back