• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Queslet Road Great Barr

Tylerran will have a look at the back yard some time, to the left is Collingwood Drive up to the old 29a terminus, are you thinking of the old barn ?, will take more photo`s at the same time, with No 2 camera,

Kandor Tynedale Crescent many out of my school class lived there, also a great mate Johny Cowell, moved to Australia and lost contact,

Good Times

Tylerran will have a look at the back yard some time, to the left is Collingwood Drive up to the old 29a terminus, are you thinking of the old barn ?, will take more photo`s at the same time, with No 2 camera,

Kandor Tynedale Crescent many out of my school class lived there, also a great mate Johny Cowell, moved to Australia and lost contact,

Good Times

Thank you Dave that would be grand

Paid a visit to Great Barr area today, visited the old St Margaret's site, Pheasey estate, and the Trees, photo`s to follow

Tylerran this leads to the rear yard the Trees

Attachments

• rear of trees.JPG
    rear of trees.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 17
Paid a visit to Great Barr area today, visited the old St Margaret's site, Pheasey estate, and the Trees, photo`s to follow

Tylerran this leads to the rear yard the Trees

Dave , that unlocked a lot of memories a peak into 62 yrs ago, was looking on the Google Earth Site nothing seems to have changed with the Back Yard which is still protected by trees and vegetation , "The Trees " as it was and as I call it still today seems to have weathered the years well , thank you for your time and effort much appreciated .

The Trees yard today

The Back of the Trees has not changed , used to play amongst the vegetation with a bag of "Smith Crisps " with the little blue bag of salt enclosed it wasnt as thick as it is today looks well looked after , have saved your photos , thank's again Dave .

The Trees Yard

no grass, no garden, all Asphault same as front of " The Trees " of course there where hardly any cars those days , customers either walked or came by bus , all the front to the back was open no fences , except for a tall one at the back of the shrubbery........
the 3 red doors must be a later addition when they turned into Schofields ..........but it certainly looks like someone attempted to tart it up with some grass after 1951 , as that was the last time I was there .

Good Photo's Dave,
Spent mant a Sunday night in "The trees " back in the early 50's,
and they were great times too

Dennis Thanks

Tyndale Crescent from Collingwood Drive

Attachments

• tyndale crescent.JPG
    tyndale crescent.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 9
Dave thanks again that corner with the house did not exist 1951 ....it was all waste ground ! I used to play on it ,further up to the left was a housing estate which the Americans turned into a camp during the war, they often used the 'Trees" to meet their girlfriends there, after they left the British Army took it over. is it possible please to take another picture of the "Trees" from the front , thank you for humouring me Dave , these photos you take aremuch appreciated by a 75 yr old codger now .

tylerryan just for you n all still have lots in time
Dave

The trees pub building in 2008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shops on corner of Romney Way and Queslett Road

Attachments

• queslett rd shops.JPG
    queslett rd shops.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 14
From the Tree`s Pub

looking across the Queslett Road onto Kings Road

Attachments

• kings rd.JPG
    kings rd.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 13
From the Tree`s Pub

looking across the Queslett Road onto Kings Road

Thanks Dave ! for the last 3 great photos this photo looking to the right are the 1944-45 prefab houses still there ? or DIYS Improved on them ? the 29a bus stop is in its original position otherwise not much has changed , used to walk down Kings Rd to the Odeon at Kingstanding Traffic circle ........there was also another big pub very close to the Odeon there ,have saved your photos

tylerryan prefabs long gone houses on the site, just to the right on photo, the Pub on the circle name, will remember when I find a photo,
Dave

tylerryan found it The Kingstanding

Attachments

• Kingstanding Original.jpg
    Kingstanding Original.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 14
Back