• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Queens Drive City Centre

I think the last photo is especially interesting as it shows how Queens Drive went through the middle of the station, between platforms and underneath the roof. The bridge across Queens Drive in that last photo used to join the two sections of the station together. Viv.

I remember Queens Drive , Saturday morning on the way to the market .On then to other sites that has since disappeared . On reading a book today the author wrote of his subject, adored the past , resented the present , and dreaded the future . Wilfred Thesiger's words about his beloved Africa circa 1910 . I think exactly the same about Birmingham the town/city that I grew up in . Architects, please leave some semblance of what Birmingham looked like ,instead of ripping the heart out of something that was once called Workshop of The World .

Great Queen Street, which later became Queens Drive - not sure if the whole or only part of GQSt became Queens Drive. A thread about Great Queen Street is here:

Image below posted by Bordesleyexile on the Great Queen Street thread
Screenshot_20230723_074158_Chrome.jpg

Back