• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pubs

C

carlb1964

Does anyone know the names of these 2 pubs?
I hope this works, as its my first attempt to submit photos,

Attachments

• Small Heath Freeholders Hawke St Small Heath.jpg
    Small Heath Freeholders Hawke St Small Heath.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Small Heath Wellington Muntz St.jpg
    Small Heath Wellington Muntz St.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 6
Is this a quiz Carlb ?? if so .... some of the older ones will know cus I dont know ...:(
ragga :)

Alas no Ragga,
Just a couple of photos on a copied CD with photos of Brum on it, I'm looking to find out which pubs they are.
Cheers Carl.

Carl .........on the 1st pub image I can only make out
THE ......... ARMS , if thats any help.
ragga :)

Cheers Ragga,
Me too I can make that out and the M&B logo. Thanks for the input.

To me the first pub reminded me of The New Inns in Erdington...but it's prob not haha;)

I think the sign on the first pub says "The Wellington Arms". but I have no idea where it is.

cheers,

pmc1947

The Wellington Arms ...................would that pub be on
Wellington Road Hansworth which is on
11 outer circle route ?????
ragga:rolleyes:

I've also got the first picture and it is The Freeholders Arms , 58 Hawkes St , Small Heath

Postied. I,ve said it before, and I will say it again. You are brilliant. No matter what anyone wants to know, you manage to come up trumps. Well done. Barry.

Bazz, Just picked up my copy of 'Time Please' by Andrew Maxam (already recommended elsewhere on this site) and found those pics on pages 119 and 120.
The view of the Freeholders, Hawkes Street, was taken on 25.02.65, and the pub closed on 31.03.74 for demolition and redevelopment of the site.
The view of the Wellington, Muntz Street/Dawson Street was taken about 1960, and the pub was closed at the same time - 31.03.74.
Peter

Thanks

Thanks Postied and Peter for your help, I didn't have a clue of what they were called.
Cheers Carl.

I recognised them instantly, as my Dad frequented both regularly!!

I lived in Hawkes Street, and the 'Freeholders' was about half way up the street.
The Wellington was in Muntz Street, just on the corner of Dawson Street, and Muntz street.

Back