• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Public house landlords

Lizy barnes

master brummie
Morning all

Could some one put me in the right direction as to where i could find the name of the Landlord of the Rainbow pub in Digbeth during 1949 thanks .

Hi Lizy

Listing from 1950 Kelly's Directory which would be the listing of 1949.

Rainbow Inn (Sidney Price), 160 High st. Bordesley 12

Phil

Thankyou for replyng so quickly.This is such a wonderful sight where there are always people willing to help ,and if they cannot,they put you forward to someone who can.:):)

Hi Lizzy
I reqested info on Pubs and adresses last Friday, relating to the year 1911 and by the afternoon I had all the info required even the name of the landlord from 1912 which was my gt gt grandmother, It was amazing the members helped me tremendously, so i should imagine you will get your information. Its a great site
Lynda :)

Hi can anyone look me up my Grandad who was a licensee of a pub in Halesowen in the 50,s/ 60,s callled the Anchor . It was on Gorsty Hill and his name was Charles Field. Thanks.:)

Thanks for that, Terry. Why some of my pictures turn this way - have no idea. Can't find any pictures of the Country Girl in our case of pictures - mores the pity. Did you recognize anyone.? Miriam

The Country Girl. It's no longer a pub as such, I believe it is an Indian retaurant now, not too sure though.

Terry

Terry B 18. Through my 'now eyes' the Country Girl doesn't look the same as I remember. Remember it was on a corner and opposite it was the RC Rosary Church - is that still there? Miriam.

Thankyou for replyng so quickly.This is such a wonderful sight where there are always people willing to help ,and if they cannot,they put you forward to someone who can.:):)

Liz Its all in a days work for the members here we love our Brum Pubs:rolleyes:

Terry B 18. Through my 'now eyes' the Country Girl doesn't look the same as I remember. Remember it was on a corner and opposite it was the RC Rosary Church - is that still there? Miriam.

Is this the one?

Attachments

• Alum Rock The Country Girl Bridge Road Parkfield Road.jpg
    Alum Rock The Country Girl Bridge Road Parkfield Road.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 3
Thanks, Al & Terry. No, I am afraid I did not recognise anyone in the picture, but 1940 was perhaps a tadge early for my connections. Shame, though.

Thank you Terry B for that picture of the Roasary - That was my elder brother and mine church and I think the school was at the back of the Church. How old is that picture? Miriam.

Hi can anyone look me up my Grandad who was a licensee of a pub in Halesowen in the 50,s/ 60,s callled the Anchor . It was on Gorsty Hill and his name was Charles Field. Thanks.:)
Hi id love if there was some new info on this one , it may have been in my nans name also which is Hilda Field ????, and if anyone has any pics of the pub too that would be great , thanks

Back