• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pub Quiz Time Again

No Lyn, the pub appears to have been opposite or close by the library. A smoke room was found as part of quite a few pubs I believe, however Kieron would confirm or deny that.

Somewhere on the forum we have discusssed this Davenports pub, but not sure if we came to any conclusion as to its identity

The shops on the left are parts of Tullett's Drapers 292-296 Coventry Road, and on the right Frazier Bros grocers at 298-300 Coventry Road.

Tried looking it up and 1911 census has 48 - 50 Little Green Lane as a public house but frustratingly no name.

Last edited:
ok thanks alan ive been in quite a few smoke rooms...is this photo any help...was it a davenports houseView attachment 142902
That's a photo I saw a couple of days ago and got the impression that Wimbush's Bakery was built on the site so if that is the case the pub is long gone. I believe the photo is dated 1907. I have read so may pub names my head is spinning - and I haven't touched a drop! But The Anchor seems to be remembered.

Back