• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pub Quiz League

Well it’s 10 o’clock ... and no pub quiz!

what am I going to do today?

The nearest pub is? No points for this I’m afraid

0B57F970-0669-46BF-9604-EAE113449A2D.jpeg

I could make this a pub question but I will be kind on everyone. I cycled around some nice country lanes in the sunshine today. The question is where was I when I took this photograph during my bike ride?

Where.jpg

Snap, Sparks, but you must have just beaten me to it. I know nothing about this or the man, but Google can be quite useful.

Maurice :cool:

Snap, Sparks, but you must have just beaten me to it. I know nothing about this or the man, but Google can be quite useful.

Maurice :cool:

He came to my mind immediately, I remember him well from drumming with local bands in the mid 60's, before Led Zeppelin existed. I knew he was from the Redditch area but I also had to check Google for where he was actually buried!
RIP John.

Last edited:
A very young age it seems. I note his early days were beating out rhythm on pots and pans etc. I guess it drove his folks and neighbours mad at at times.

Yesterday's photograph featured the Temple Bar on Lower Temple Street and, as Guyarab points out, some of the tiling between this pub and the Shakespeare next door - and seen in this image - is still there today. Williamstreeter was the big winner as he moves up to 5th place in the league table. Well done to him and the other three who identified the pub.

League Table
Elmo 25 Points
Guyarab 25 Points
Curly 24 Points
Astoness 10 Points
Williamstreeter 5 Points
knobbydave 4 Points
Mikejee 3 Points
Lady Penelope 2 Points
jmadone 2 Points
Morturn 2 Points
A Sparks 1 Point
sospiri 1 Point
The Rest 0

Today's Photograph
Another old teaser for today's photograph where you could play B L IARDS - but which pub is it?

PLEASE send your answer via PM message rather than posting on this page as it will spoil it for everyone else. Deadline for submissions is TONIGHT Tuesday 22.00hrs 12th May. Good luck!

View attachment 144945
As it was in late 1930's. My nan ran it with her husband Joseph (Name above door)

Attachments

• Gran outside Villa Tavern Hockley.jpg
    Gran outside Villa Tavern Hockley.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 12
Back