• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pub Quiz League

Well it’s 10 o’clock ... and no pub quiz!

what am I going to do today?

The nearest pub is? No points for this I’m afraid

0B57F970-0669-46BF-9604-EAE113449A2D.jpeg

I could make this a pub question but I will be kind on everyone. I cycled around some nice country lanes in the sunshine today. The question is where was I when I took this photograph during my bike ride?

Where.jpg

Snap, Sparks, but you must have just beaten me to it. I know nothing about this or the man, but Google can be quite useful.

Maurice :cool:

Snap, Sparks, but you must have just beaten me to it. I know nothing about this or the man, but Google can be quite useful.

Maurice :cool:

He came to my mind immediately, I remember him well from drumming with local bands in the mid 60's, before Led Zeppelin existed. I knew he was from the Redditch area but I also had to check Google for where he was actually buried!
RIP John.

Last edited:
A very young age it seems. I note his early days were beating out rhythm on pots and pans etc. I guess it drove his folks and neighbours mad at at times.

Back