• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pub names

sistersue61

master brummie
I'm sure the answer to this will already be on the site somewhere, but I can't find it!
Can anyone tell me the name of the pub on Common Lane, Sheldon? I think it's the Three Horseshoes, but Dad isn't so sure - it was the drinking place of an old friend of his, who has sadly died this week, and dad was saying about where they used to drink, this pub was one of the places as his friend moved to Common Lane, having previously lived in Kitts Green.
Thanks, Sue

Hi Sue, the pub has had several names, The Chelmsley, The Cornerstone, The Rooster (can't remember if it was the Red Rooster or just Rooster) then when my partner and I reopened it after it was closed down for a long time, it was called King George V.
We werent there long but it is still King George V.
The Three Horseshoes is on the junction of Three Horseshoes Lane and the Coventry Road.

Back