• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Proud of my daughter.

BazzM

master brummie
Would just like to blow the trumpet for my daughter Carol, who is studying for her HND at college in Paisley, on her photography course. She is in her third year, and is doing great. Last week we had the Mobo awards in Glasgow's SECC, so she decided that would be a great event to take pictures at, so she went on line, and discovered who the sole agents where for covering the event, picture wise. She e-mailed them, and they e-mailed back saying if they could speak to her on the phone, they might be able to assist. So she gave them her number, and they rang back for more details ( college, course, name etc ), they then neede to get in touch with her college, just to confirm everything. Once this was done, she was invited to go along to the SECC at 1400hrs the day of the awards, and was shown everything that takes place at an event like this, by the photographers. At 1800hrs, the stars started to arrive and Carol was asked to take pictures of as many people as she could, along with the rest of the team. At 2130hrs, she was told that she would be taken to the hotel where the after-party was to take place, and would be left there herself to get whatever pictures she could while the rest go back to the SECC. Although a little nervous, she went along, and until 1 am, she had the stars to herself. Round about that time people had started drifting away, and she had thoughts of phoning her brother, to come and pick her up to go home, when out of one side door came one of the artistes who asked her why she wasnt upstairs at the VIP room (where everyone had gone). She explained, she didnt have the necessary pass for there, and the fellow said, would you like to go up there, and of course she said yes, so he asked her what her name was, and said, Right Carol, youre my guest, youre my friend, come with me. And he took her up to the VIP lounge and introduced her to his wife & cousin, and Dappy, who was sitting with them. After that, she had the whole of the room filled with all the award winners, and others, all to herself, and anyone she asked all egreed to having thier photos taken. What a scoop for her and her college. She has over 200 pictures, and lots of pleasant memories, which I think she will never forget. This is why I'm very proud of our Carol. I know I've gone on too long, sorry.

Very well done (not least for living in Paisley - Just kidding that is where I met my wife) Bazz. No need for apologies that is a great coup and for showing such great initiative.

Well done Carol, with initiative like that you should go far. No wonder you are proud Bazz.
Lynne.

Wow Bazz how fantasic for Carol what a scoop! I hope her career takes off after this it will make great reading on her CV. You have every right to be proud and thanks for telling us the story...from your proud syber family...lol x

Bazz, you must feel very proud, and justifiably so too.
stitcher.

Bazz that is absolutely brilliant. I am sure your daughter will go very far as a photographer if she can get people to react like that to her.
Thanks for sharing the story with us and please pass on my congratulations to your daughter - the College must be thrilled with her!

oh thats brilliant bazz...no wonder you are so proud of carlol...please tell her well done from me will you...i bet she has not come down to earth yet....

lyn..x

Bazz, Carol did really well to stick at it until she got results, tell her congratulations and keep up the good work, good luck with her course too, it's not easy away from home but the results are worth it.
Sue

Congratulations Bazz! It's so nice to hear about kids with 'drive' especially when it's kids of forum members.
icon14.png

hi ya bazz, i have just read your letter , and wish carol all the best for doing so well,i hope she goes on to do even better to make you more proud .all the best to you both ,terry

Thanks everyone for your kind messages. I will be showing them to Carol later on. And Bernie, we dont live in Paisley, we live in Beith, but Carol goes to Reid Kerr College in Paisley. You will have to let me know whereabouts your wife comes from. Thanks all.

Back