• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

prospect place handsworth and angelsey street lozells

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
can any one hel Ann and Bill price please

Hi, Our family history research has brought us to Handsworth. We are trying to find if Prospect Place, off Wellington Road is still there. If anyone can help we would be eternally grateful.
Regards, Ann and Bill Price.

John anymore details?

Wellington Road is a Road I drive up and down most days and I lived in the road for 9 years - any ideas whereabouts on the road it may have been - I can ask around.

can any one hel Ann and Bill price please

Hi, Our family history research has brought us to Handsworth. We are trying to find if Prospect Place, off Wellington Road is still there. If anyone can help we would be eternally grateful.
Regards, Ann and Bill Price.
Prospect place was off anglesey street My nan lived at no 7 and my auntie lived at no 11

Hi, I can see it's been a while, but my mom was born at 8 Prospect Place (and she was a Price!). I have a photo of a group of children from the late 40s from that area, if anyone is interested.

We are always interested in sharing memories of Birmingham, please put the photo on.

scan0011.jpg
Update! I finally got to check this with my mom over Christmas and she can remember a few of the names.
Back row: unknown (possibly a Bell?); John Moffat; unknown; unknown; Irene Garfield; Diane Paul; my mom Jean Price.
Front Row: Rita Moffat; unknown; unknown; Graham Garfield.
Does anyone recognise any of these names?
As I said, this was taken in Prospect Place, off Anglesey Street Lozells, in about the late 1940s.

Hi again its been a while but just browsing and found this post My nan Mrs Jeff lived at no 7 and my cousin who lived at no 11 remembers the Price family living opposite (no 8) my nan She also remembers the Moffats However as you are responding to an old post I doubt the original person is still searchingimg012.jpg

View attachment 95703
Update! I finally got to check this with my mom over Christmas and she can remember a few of the names.
Back row: unknown (possibly a Bell?); John Moffat; unknown; unknown; Irene Garfield; Diane Paul; my mom Jean Price.
Front Row: Rita Moffat; unknown; unknown; Graham Garfield.
Does anyone recognise any of these names?
As I said, this was taken in Prospect Place, off Anglesey Street Lozells, in about the late 1940s.
Hi. I realise this picture was posted a number of years ago, but I’ve just chanced upon it after entering my surname into this forum. I can confirm that my dad, Graham Garfield is indeed the little boy, front row far right and the girl back row third from right is his sister Irene. I’ve sent this image to dad (who is now 78!), hoping that he might recognise some of the others. I’m really interested to see this and I’m sure dad will be too, probably never having seen it before! Thanks, Clare.

Hi. I realise this picture was posted a number of years ago, but I’ve just chanced upon it after entering my surname into this forum. I can confirm that my dad, Graham Garfield is indeed the little boy, front row far right and the girl back row third from right is his sister Irene. I’ve sent this image to dad (who is now 78!), hoping that he might recognise some of the others. I’m really interested to see this and I’m sure dad will be too, probably never having seen it before! Thanks, Clare.
Hi Clare, how wonderful, I'll have to let my mom know, she's 81 now, and has very fond memories of the gang from Prospect Place!

I’ve got a couple of photos of VE Day on Anglesey street school grounds if they are of any interest? I know it has my dad, 2 aunts and my grandparents on them. Perhaps your mom may recognise some faces??

Attachments

• F4526DAC-1885-462F-8F35-97D5B5DABB58.jpeg
    F4526DAC-1885-462F-8F35-97D5B5DABB58.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 21
  • CC917D3C-D366-46D1-AA50-33B436CD44B4.jpeg
    CC917D3C-D366-46D1-AA50-33B436CD44B4.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
the original title of this thread is about prospect place off wellington road handsworth can i just point out that from post 3 the thread goes off topic and talks about prospect place anglesey st..thought it worth a mention to save any confusement..i think there were many prospect places dotted about birmingham

lyn

I’ve got a couple of photos of VE Day on Anglesey street school grounds if they are of any interest? I know it has my dad, 2 aunts and my grandparents on them. Perhaps your mom may recognise some faces??
Lovely photos! I will show my mom and ask, but I can't see my grandparents there, which leads me to suspect my mom wasn't there either, although the girl about to sneeze looks a bit like her!

Lovely photos! I will show my mom and ask, but I can't see my grandparents there, which leads me to suspect my mom wasn't there either, although the girl about to sneeze looks a bit like her!
Just out of interest, I’ve circled my dad Graham Garfield in yellow, his sister Irene Garfield in blue and Janet Elwell (née Brown - my aunt) in red. On the adults’ photo I’ve circled my Nan and Grandad Marjorie Garfield (née Bradbury) and Victor Garfield.

Attachments

• 2F30D0AC-C0B5-40E6-AC53-C55F4E0483E2.jpeg
    2F30D0AC-C0B5-40E6-AC53-C55F4E0483E2.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 2A15662B-D7F4-476F-A921-E4163F1B4ADF.jpeg
    2A15662B-D7F4-476F-A921-E4163F1B4ADF.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 13
the original title of this thread is about prospect place off wellington road handsworth can i just point out that from post 3 the thread goes off topic and talks about prospect place anglesey st..thought it worth a mention to save any confusement..i think there were many prospect places dotted about birmingham

lyn
Apologies for taking over a thread if it’s not the correct area. I was just super excited to see a photo of my dad and aunt that I’d never seen before!

Apologies for taking over a thread if it’s not the correct area. I was just super excited to see a photo of my dad and aunt that I’d never seen before!
hi ceg75 its not a problem so to avoid confusion between the 2 different prospect places i have edited the thread title to include the one at anglesey street...smashing photos by the way thanks for sharing them

lyn

hi jan have you read this thread from the beginning...if not go to post 11 which shows a map of prospect place which were not back to backs but terraced houses..long gone now of course

lyn

hi jan have you read this thread from the beginning...if not go to post 11 which shows a map of prospect place which were not back to backs but terraced houses

lyn
Many thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I've read the whole thread and saw the map but I didn't know how to interpret it! Thank you for clarifying for me.

Jan

Back