• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

New HS2 Station in Curzon Street

Would be nice to restore the old station. As this area is now almost clear of any buildings I hope the planers take into account that this site could well be the new entrance to Birmingham.

Its a pity the proposed High speed line does not connect with HS1 at or near St Pancras so us 'living north of Watford' could have direct access to the Tunnel.

Has anyone ever had the good fortune of seeing inside the old London-Birmingham railway terminus?

[[/ATTACH]
Just seen the news where will the new track run? Dek:(:shocked:

If I get this right as I have never posted an attachment before. See attached for plan of where the new station will go. The Report from High Speed 2 Ltd calls the new station Fazeley Street but Andrew Adonis, the Transport Secretary calls it Curzon Street.

In fact if you look at the attached map you will see that the entrance will be in Moor Street at the back of the Pavilions View attachment 48529

[If I get this right as I have never posted an attachment before. See attached for plan of where the new station will go. The Report from High Speed 2 Ltd calls the new station Fazeley Street but Andrew Adonis, the Transport Secretary calls it Curzon Street.

Well your attachment worked as I was able to open it.

I bet in the end it is called neither Fazeley Street or Curzon Street, they will want a "grander" sounding name like Birmingham Central or some such (even though it wont be in the centre)

Whilst a date has been made for construction of the HS 2 station at Curzon Street to start from a chronological point of view the work started earlier and the station site is exclusive of the viaducts which have been under construction for a lengthy period of time.

New Canal Street has been partly dug up and there are different piles of earth across the site. The difficulty of making the metro through here is apparent and it has been announced that there will be a temporary stop made by the Hotel.

First a question for the Mods. Should we keep this thread for historical stuff and have a new thread for the HS2 station?

My comment is that as this is election year, Andy Street has updated his transport map for 2040. This shows the planned new chords at Bordesley to allow the Nottingham and Leicester trains from the East Midlands and the Cardiff (and possibly Bristol) trains to come into Moor Street allowing passengers from those points to access HS2. With the cancellation of the northern route for HS2, I would have doubts that this will be needed. I have worked out that this is the reason for the announcement that in future the Chiltern trains will all continue to Snow Hill once platform 4 is brought back into use.

A point I have been making ever since the maps were produced for HS2 is that this station will in fact be in Moor Street right next to the old Moor Street station and with the interconnecting footbridge will have the effect of making them one station.

Back