• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Problems using forum

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
up until yesterday i had the choice of accessing the forum by either internet explorer or google chrome...i can no longer use explorer when i do try the loading circle is just going round and round and round for ages then its coming up internet explorer is not responding also the donate icon at the top left of page is not visible wheras it is using chrome..i have no problems using explorer for other sites..so my question is is bhf no longer compatable with internet explorer..

many thanks

lyn

Last edited:
ok froth thanks...later on i will go upstairs and see if the same thing happens using my desk top....downstairs at the min on lappy...

lyn

lol froth..nowt special or fancy..the lappy is 6 years old and the desk top 5 years old both passed down to me when our tom had one of those fancy expensive pcs..does me for what i want them for..

lyn

I use chrome mainly and I also have ie 11 installed, no problems with either. Have you got an adblocker running? Tell you why, I could'nt get on to Ancestry.com because I was using an adblocker. I had to allow it in the settings.

Terry

Although I use Google chrome I had problems accessing BHF yesterday but it seemed to sort itself out later.

Janice

Just tried on IE and it was fine.

Lyn

I have only ever used IE for the forum, and I have never found that using it caused a problem. I'm still using it today and as usual no problem.

Lyn

I have only ever used IE for the forum, and I have never found that using it caused a problem. I'm still using it today and as usual no problem.

morning phil i am now upstairs using my desk top and still cant use the forum via IE..like you ive been using IE for years with no problems...just seems strange that its only since the crash yesterday that neither my lappy or desk top is responding so for now i will just have to use chrome until my son has time to try and find out why this is happening...

lyn

Lyn

That's strange because I am using IE now and it's not causing the slightest cause for concern, sorry but you will need to speak to someone with a lot more computer knowledge than myself. I have heard it said that Chrome is much better for using on the forum than IE, but I think that was something to do with viewing photos and it might have been somewhere else.

Lyn

That's strange because I am using IE now and it's not causing the slightest cause for concern, sorry but you will need to speak to someone with a lot more computer knowledge than myself. I have heard it said that Chrome is much better for using on the forum than IE, but I think that was something to do with viewing photos and it might have been somewhere else.

i know its strange phil...our tom is pretty clued up with the pc knowledge but he will be away for the weekend so wont have time to try and sort it out and like i said i can use IE to access other forums with no problems so it is only bhf that i am having trouble with..its a good job i can get on here via chrome or else you would be having a break from me this weekend..some may think that would be a blessing lol

lyn

Last edited:
Do you stay logged into BHF? If so have you tried logging out on chrome and then logging back in on IE. It may still think the site is down. I am not very technical but I tend to leave myself logged in and can remember having to log out and back in before.

Janice

Do you stay logged into BHF? If so have you tried logging out on chrome and then logging back in on IE. It may still think the site is down. I am not very technical but I tend to leave myself logged in and can remember having to log out and back in before.

Janice

hi janice..no i never stay logged into anything...but i have tried logging out of chrome and back in on IE with no luck...like you i am not technical and will not mess around too much with things i know nothing about all in case i press something i shouldnt and cause more of a problem ...will let you know if and when the problem is resolved...

thanks janice...

lyn x

load it up in internet explorer and hold the ctrl key down and press F5 a couple of times. see if that works

load it up in internet explorer and hold the ctrl key down and press F5 a couple of times. see if that works

tried that a couple of times no good....i am able to log in via IE but thats as far as it goes...if i try to get onto a thread its either saying invalid url or a little round circle appears and keeps going round and round and the page fades..the green loading bar just stays loaded to the max...

Lyn, mine is doing the same, logged in fine on my tablet and Chrome, but IE on laptop and OHs PC jut spins and says URL not found- interstingly though is fine on IE on sons PC? Even he can't suss it out and has just swanned off to work at Dragon Manor with the comment "it's you and technology mom, you shouldn't be allowed near it" lol.
Sue

lol sue...so its not just me having this problem with IE then....i have tried doing what warren suggested but like i said no go as yet...hope you mom and dad are keeping well sue its nice to hear from you again

lyn x

Back