• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Problem

Viewed message above OK when I went into new posts. Used mouse on Up arrow on right hand side of screen and could not scroll up. Used Page Up on keyboard and nothing happened. Used Up arrow on keyboard and still could not scroll up. Came out of the thread and back again and still could not scroll up. Repeated the out of thread and back in again and then using the mouse and Up arrow on right of screen it worked! Page Up on keyboard and also Up arrow on keyboard did not do anything. It's something I can live with but it's a bit irritating. I haven't tried Chrome yet. Thanks for your help. Dave.

It might be worth trying a different browser. On Windows I realise I’m mostly using the mouse wheel but at the moment I’m on an iPad and finger flicks do all the moves ... :)

I use a cheap Aldi tablet and a cheap smart phone ( O'k so I'm a cheapskate !) both touchscreen. I very seldom use my laptop and occasionally use the computers at our local library.
When I do use these I have to make quite an adjustment mentally to revert back to operating a mouse.
I guess it's just a matter of habit as I seem to remember having the problem the other way around.
Cheers Tim

Hi everyone, I how do i "unlike" something I "liked" but meant to put another exclamation on!
Wendy

wish they kept the "appreciate"...this "like"..is too american.they say" like" after every other word
Geordies are renowned for saying "like" at the end of every sentence. I find that Americans tend to use the phrase "Oh my God" all the time. I was once standing in a queue for coffee in LA and was wearing a wide-brimmed Tilley hat (it was a hot day). The lady in front of me got served, turned round, looked at me and said very slowly "Oh----My----God" and walked off. I think I must have been a curiosity in not wearing a baseball cap. But I'm getting off-thread. Dave.

When I was in the RAF, at The Malverns, I noticed the cleaning ladies often used phrases such as "you see like". Not just Geordies I guess.

Back