• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Problem with Amazon

The problem with HP, and it is fairly well known and I have written about it before, is that HP does not carry spares. The minute your one-year warranty runs out, unless you have paid for extended warranty, they will refuse to replace or service any fault you may have. If you have extended warranty or you are within the the initial one year period, they merely replace the printer with a new one, even if the model is a newer one.

Maurice :cool:

Re, HP printers.
I have had HP Printers for more than 20 years, I found that any faults will occur in the first few months, whilst under guarantee, I recently bought an A3 Epson printer, the only comment I can make is WOW! Stunning colours, phenomenal definition and UNBELIEVABLY VERY economical on ink. Would not go back to HP now.

Re, HP printers.
I have had HP Printers for more than 20 years, I found that any faults will occur in the first few months, whilst under guarantee, I recently bought an A3 Epson printer, the only comment I can make is WOW! Stunning colours, phenomenal definition and UNBELIEVABLY VERY economical on ink. Would not go back to HP now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I came to the opposite conclusion a few years back, The Epson was prone to jet clogging unless you used the printer more or less on a daily basis. The printer failed after a few months & I contacted Epson support who said that if I use the printer only for occasional use I should print a test page every day to keep the print head from drying up :rolleyes: They would not honour the warranty because I had 'misused it' by not using it! o_O

I was advised elsewhere to buy a HP printer as the print head was on the actual cartridge so if it failed you only needed to replace the ink cartridge if it dried up. That was o.k but now I have Xerox mono laser printer which can print both sides and can never dry up as the 'ink' is actually powder

Back