• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Prisoner of War Camp Birmingham

Barb4559

Hi everyone, New to this forum but I would be very grateful if anyone could provide information or point me in the right direction to find some details.
Background - My mother recently died and we have found some interesting photos and documents when clearing things from her house. My Grandfather served as a regular in the RFC & RAF in WW1 and WW2 and we believe he may have been involved with managing German POW camps at the end of WW2. We have letters and post cards which back this up but it was never talked about and now there is no-one to ask.
Does anyone know of a POW camp in Hodge Hill around 1945/46? Attached documents are a sample of what we found.
I would be very grateful for any information as i would really like to understand what my Grandpop's role was. Thanks in advance for any help. Barbara
Scan_20220103.jpg

Back