• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Priory Grange?

W

Wendy

I have hit gold again this time it was Ancestry.com. I rejoined after a break and couldn't believe what I came back to. My great grandfather's sisters family have put a lot of info on and lots of photo's. My great grandfather Arthur Yates sister Emma Yates married an Arthur James Norton. They lived at Priory Grange, Bromsgrove. I wondered if this house still existed. It looks rather grand.
I have included a picture of a party invitation which includes the address. It even has a phone number of Bromsgrove 6 not in the picture.

I would love any info on The Grange Stoke Prior.:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't linked it all yet Mike. It was just amazing to see the photo's. My great grandfather died at 42.
As you can see I came out of the wrong stable again!!:D:D

Mike thats wonderful I didn't expect to find any info so quickly! I am not sure when the family moved there. The invitation is 1906? They are there in 1911. I couldn't read all the post as it's a subscription site. Thanks again Mike:):)

Wendy the pic says Stoke prior grange if its stoke prior it is off the Hanbury rd:)no st views on Google:( forget that just read mikes link its College rd Bromsgrove

Last edited:
Robert you beat me to it but I think Wendy will still talk to us. Lovely find Wendy so pleased for you. Jean.

Thanks for all the help I found from Mike's info the house was purchased along with other property by John Corbett in 1866 he was the Salt King who had the Chateau Impney built.

Robert just doff your cap!:D:D:D:D

Well looks like the family had a sence of humor to take a photo like this!:)

Lol so Iwas right first time:) it is off the Hanbury road ps (sorry Wendy in the wrong place ):)will try again :)nice pic

Worcester Record Office appear to hold records on the building in question Wendy. I searched on A2A & there were apparently 8 links, but the web address was too long to copy & paste.
You could also try the little known 1911 Valuation which either Worcs Record Office or the main Worcs Library might be able to advise you on. Failing that the National Archives might have a copy.

This is fantastic I can now start to build a picture of the time the family were there. Many thanks to mikejee and Boardsley Exile for all the brilliant information. Thanks to otherhalf for going out late last night to see if he could find the house. You are such a lovley helpful lot!:):):)

I have hit gold again this time it was Ancestry.com. I rejoined after a break and couldn't believe what I came back to. My great grandfather's sisters family have put a lot of info on and lots of photo's. My great grandfather Arthur Yates sister Emma Yates married an Arthur James Norton. They lived at Priory Grange, Bromsgrove. I wondered if this house still existed. It looks rather grand.
I have included a picture of a party invitation which includes the address. It even has a phone number of Bromsgrove 6 not in the picture.

I would love any info on The Grange Stoke Prior.:):)
Hello Wendy. You mentioned you have a photo of Stoke Prior Grange and I was wondering if I could see it? I am a relative of John Corbett's. His sister is my 2nd Gt Grandmother. I am compiling various videos about John's life and have posted them on YouTube. The next one is about Stoke Grange and Impney Hall.

Thanks for all the help I found from Mike's info the house was purchased along with other property by John Corbett in 1866 he was the Salt King who had the Chateau Impney built.

Robert just doff your cap!:D:D:D:D

Well looks like the family had a sence of humor to take a photo like this!:)
One of my ancestors was the butler to John Corbett at Stoke Grange.

One of my ancestors was the butler to John Corbett at Stoke Grange.
His name was William Carwardine he was born in welland in 1840 so would think he would have worked there sometime in the 1860s may be. He then went on to be a licence e of the New inn in Bourneheath in 1871.

Back