• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Printing problem

Charlie

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
I'm trying to print off a "do not reply" email from Hotmail. (It's confirmation of a holiday booking actually) and, though it looks fine on the email, it prints off really tiny. I can't find any way of altering the size of the font and I've tried saving it to file and printing from that but to no avail. Any ideas how I can increase the size of the font please, I use Hotmail and I'm not getting any Print Preview in order to change it. My printer is Kodak ESP3250.

I don't use Hotmail but cannot think of a reason for it not printing at a reasonable size. However here are a couple of suggestions to work around the problem. If you have the 'Snipping' tool use this to define the area you want to print then simply save this as a file on the computer and print from this. Or use PrtScrn button to copy the email to your PC then paste it into a photo editor or a word processor. I seem to recall from a more knowledgeable member that if you press 'Ctrl' - 'PrtScrn' you will get just the email not the whole page.

Sorry I cannot help with the size as printed direct from Hotmail.

One way, I am sure there are others, it to copy the text in to a word processing programme e.g. MS word or Notepad. The text can then be formatted with a larger size, saved and printed.

Both my sister and I had the same problem on BT Mail, printed in font size 8, the smallest possible. It suddenly cleared itself on my PC and now prints larger (about 10 or 12), but still persists on my sisters. She has very few emails and as very good eyesight so she is not bothered. Eric

No sorry, nothing's working - except that I now have a lot of scrap paper and my ink's running low! :sorrow:
Can't find a "snipping" tool, tried prntscrn and control/prntscrn. Nothing happened.
I'm sorry, it's probably me, I'm such a luddite!
So - I have the email and it prints off tiny, I saved it to file and it prints off tiny. I'm now at a loss (wouldn't be the first time though)

Try this (no guarantee given!!) - select the text you want to print (by dragging the cursor whilst holding the left mouse button), press Ctrl+P, then OK, and see if that makes any difference.

Charlie do you have another email address that you could forward it to and print from that one? If not it may help to set up a Gmail account or Yahoo account even if you never use it again. I am suggesting this as on a forum I looked at somone who had the same problem simply forwarded it to another of his (none Hotmail) addresses. Or do you have someone you could forward it to?

I'm going to have to try another email address I think. I tried everything suggested in #8 "why is my text so small when printing" but nothing worked - even putting in "400%" for changing font size, maybe coz I just saved it to Documents and it's saved as the original email (if you see what I mean).
I have now probably destroyed a rainforest and have hardly any ink (but plenty of doodling paper). #sigh# Battle will commence tomorrow or I'll just use a magnifying glass and b**ger it!

Charlie, on the document on the actual body of the document try Control A (copy all), then Control C (copy). Open up a blank word document and Control V (paste). This should then put the email onto the blank document which you should be able to enlarge the font. If not, you may have to just copy and paste the actual info without the email heading.

Charlie try this. it worked for me.

1. Go to your Inbox and open the email.
  2. Click the three dots (...) found on the command bar next to the Categories.
  3. Click Print.
When you follow the steps above, you will have the option to Save the file first on your computer and make the changes that you want.

Terry

I finally went on to "Manage my Booking" and managed to print off the relevant pages from that.
Thank you for all your help - I've never had this happen before, bl**dy Thomson Holidays!
At least I can read it now without the aid of a magnifying glass.

With all your holidays I would have thought you would have had plenty of practice printing out all your info.... lol. Carol

With all your holidays I would have thought you would have had plenty of practice printing out all your info.... lol. Carol

Lots of holidays .. moi? Never had this problem before Carol so not sure what happened.
Thought I'd need a trip[ to Specsavers.

Back