• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Printer Ink

Big Gee

master brummie
Does anyone know where I can get printer ink-cartridges re-filled reasonably cheaply? There used to be a shop on Boldmere Road, but closed down now. The price of original cartidges is outrageous!

Thanks,

Big Gee

I get mine on internet "cartridge people". very good and inexpensive and reliable. I ruined 2 printers by filling cartridges myself!!

Thanks for this, Leonard! I just checked, and they're cheap, as you say. Next order goes to them.

Big Gee

Have a look at 7dayshop.com.

I use them regularly for Epson compatible cartridges and find them cheap, but with good quality.

Thanks for the information, folks. Very helpful.

Crazy when one ink cartridge is sometimes more than half the cost of the actual printer....

Big Gee

Wilkinsons own lable inks are good value epsom compatible R245 £12.00 for set
I have a Epson SX100 printer, I get my inks from Internet Inks .com, I note that
in Tesco the 3pack used to be £16.49, it is now £20.98, just shows you have to
shop around for everything. Bernard.

Try www.ukdvdr.co.uk most Epson ink are around £1 each, I have used their inks for years and never had any problems. Have a look at their other products too - good prices on CD & DVD blanks. Their service is excellent also - prompt devlivery and all products are well packaged for dispatch.

I think buying compatibles is false economy and believe me I've tried most.You never get the same quality and never the quantity as the real thing.

I've found loads of places selling Epson stuff at low prices, but my printer's an HP.....just my luck!

But I've found that Cartridge People as suggested by LeonardJob sell genuine HP ink for much less than I've been paying, so thanks for that, mate.

Frothy's right re: compatibles, as the printer doesn't like them and they don't last as long even if they're cheaper per unit.

Big Gee

When I had my computer and printer three years ago now, my son in law who works in IT advised
me, to never use compatibles, just to Epson branded one, but they do vary in price quite a lot, Bernard. they say you cant teach old dogs new tricks, I was 79 then.

When I had my computer and printer three years ago now, my son in law who works in IT advised
me, to never use compatibles, just to Epson branded one, but they do vary in price quite a lot, Bernard. they say you cant teach old dogs new tricks, I was 79 then.

I have never had a problem with compatibles for my Epson (and I work in IT).

If you have a fairly cheap printer then if you DO buy compatibles and the printer stops working after 2 years just buy a new printer.

The money you saved on the ink will easily cover the cost of the printer.

My printer cost me about £35 and a pack of 4 "official" Epson inks costs around £30 (even more in some places), almost the cost of a new printer.

I can buy a set of 4 compatible for around £7 (though usually buy decent ones from Tesco).

I have never had a problem with compatibles for my Epson (and I work in IT).

If you have a fairly cheap printer then if you DO buy compatibles and the printer stops working after 2 years just buy a new printer.

The money you saved on the ink will easily cover the cost of the printer.

My printer cost me about £35 and a pack of 4 "official" Epson inks costs around £30 (even more in some places), almost the cost of a new printer.

I can buy a set of 4 compatible for around £7 (though usually buy decent ones from Tesco).
I think I paid about £80 for my printer, I used to getTesco but their prices have
shot up recently,£20.98 for three colours, someone is making a lot of cash out
of ink somewhere, Bernard

I think the secret is, don't use your printer too much. I find it cheaper to pop down the printing shop with me memory stick:thumbsup::)

I agree with Frothblower, my holiday pics are put on my PC (usually about 50) and if I do want prints i pop down to my local Max Spielman with my camera memory card , quicker and not much dearer (if at all) than doing them yourself, odd pics and documents I will do my self. I have an Epson Stylus SX218 printer/scanner and use compatables and am very satisfied with the results, it is slow but with me its the quality that counts . Eric

Back