• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Prev Posting sisters of John Henry Bibb

kenbibb

proper brummie kid
grandfather Bibb's sisters

I am searching for any descendents of my grandfathers sisters, their marriages are all in Birmingham;
William John WILKES-- Eliza Kendall Misanna BIBB m 22 May 1893
Charles William EVANS-- Beatrice Marrion BIBB m 25 Dec 1910
William Ralph MORRIS-- Maud Victoria Davis m 24 July 1910

bibbs

53,43 Hanley St.,1,Saml Thos Bibb,Head,M,41,,Gun Maker,Employed,Birmingham Warwickshire,
,,,Sarah Bibb,Wife,M,,41,,,Worcester Worcestershire,
,,,Saml Thos Bibb,Son,S,20,,Gun Maker,Employed,Birmingham Warwickshire,
,,,Joseph Bibb,Son,S,13,,Scholar,,Birmingham Warwickshire,
,,,Albert Bibb,Son,S,11,,Scholar,,Birmingham Warwickshire,
,,,Gertrude Bibb,Dau,S,,4,,,Birmingham Warwickshire,
,,,Frederick Bibb,Son,S,2,,,,Birmingham Warwickshire,
1891 census any good John

census

Hi Sylvia no it's not a typing error it is 1891 there is alink to this census on our links page but to save the trouble cut and paste this link into your search engine i.e. Google or what ever you use follow the instructions when you get to the site it's not as good as the 1881 but with care you can find out quite a lot if you have any trouble give me a bell John
(any one can use this site as it's free)

https://www.hunimex.com/warwick/freecens/2430.html

grandfather bibb sisters

Maggie
I will be looking forward to hearing from you whatever the result is regarding the name WILKES.

Cheers Ken Bibb

Birmingham Bibb's

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has the surname BIBB and who came originally from Brum? Ken Bibb

Re: Birmingham Bibb's

Hi Ken
I don't know if this is a bit late in the day replying to your email (approx three years), but I am a Bibb originally from Birmingham, as were my father and grandfather both named George Bibb.
My Great Grandfather was Samuel Bibb, who was married to Rachael Cooper (from Wolverhampton) and he was an army man who served I believe in the Royal Warwicks.
Kind Regards
Brian

I was working in a home where a residents surname was Bibb his family came from Great Barr.

Hey Fergie - How strange is that I came from Great Barr, lived there for almost thirty years. Only thing is I didn't have any brothers or sisters and my dad didn't have a brother.

i remember a girl named stella bibb her parrents ran the tom thumb pub i went to school with her at st matthews school in nechells got to be about 1970....1980

Beatrice Marion Bibb

Hi Ken

My great great grandmother is Beatrice Marion bibb. I also have postcards dating back to 1906 which belonged to her, 3 of which are wedding cards for her and Charles. She is referred to as Beaty in the cards.

Their daughter Irene Elsie Evans was my grandmother who unfortunately I never met, she died while I was a baby. She died from falling out of a window. Irene married Arthur Brueiton Pritchatt and they had five children, (one being my father), 3 boys and 2 girls. Irene went on to have a daughter from another relationship, who I have never met but have photo's of. There are four living of the five, my auntie unfortunately passed last July 06.

In what capacity are you connected to Beatrice and Charles?

Regards

Sharron

Hi Sharron, hope all is well. Yes we are cousins. Irene Elsie Evans was my grandmother, I met her I was very young. We use to visit her in the cotswolds. I have the postcard/wedding cards and news paper cutting of her and Charles since my father past away 16th January 2019. My father was your uncle Allan William Pritchatt was one of the 3 boys. My great great grandmother was Beatrice Marion Bibb.

Jackie

Jackie, Sharon only make one post and that was back in 2012. You could PM her and maybe she would discover the Forum again. :)

hi jackie sharon made that post in 2007 and the last time she logged into the forum was may 15th 2012 but like alan suggests you could send her a private message in the hopes she gets it...

lyn

Back