• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pretoria Road, Bordesley Green

Hi all, Just found this. Interesting that the photo says it's Saltley, when I was growing up it was definitely Bordesley Green! I did a search for Pretoria Rd in the 1911 census and found the house I lived in when very young. (No 72) Again interestingly under place of birth it gives the exact street!

Welcome to the Forum, VinceBrum. I'm sure you will find lots to interest you on here.

Maurice :cool:

Vince,

That's because you have only posted 4 messages in that time. Those status messages are dependant upon the number of posts you make, though you can alter them in your profile as mine is Ex-Pat Brummie. It's no real problem. It just enables other member to note how active you are and if you might require help with some of the Forum functions.

Maurice :cool:

Back