• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Prescott Street All Saints

ok rosie just have to pop up the shops and i will put them on ..not really looked at them closely even though i have had them for over a year but you could be lucky if no 43 is showing...must also check my records for a number as my grandad and gt grandad were also in prescott st...lyn...update my grandfather and great grandfather was living at no 197 on the 1911 census

Last edited:
Thank you so much lyn, they are really good, so clear too. The roadway is very clean and the houses look as though they had been looked after.
rosie.

Thank you so much lyn, they are really good, so clear too. The roadway is very clean and the houses look as though they had been looked after.
rosie.

happy to help rosie...yes in those days although folk didnt have much in general i would say that what they had they took pride in....could not afford to waste... and on the whole our streets were very clean as not much was thown away...sad to say unlike some streets now which have become massive dumping grounds...such a shame after all the pride people once took..

lyn

happy to help rosie...yes in those days although folk didnt have much in general i would say that what they had they took pride in....could not afford to waste... and on the whole our streets were very clean as not much was thown away...sad to say unlike some streets now which have become massive dumping grounds...such a shame after all the pride people once took..

lyn
Lyn, you have made my day. I can remember all the locations.

One photo looking up Prescott St Laurels on right my parents shop on left next to gas lamp, when I was around 13 they moved the lamp I went to lean on it but it had gone.
Looking down the street, shows the our shop on the right I don't remember the house next door and the shop been bordered up, that shop never had any electricity. Another photo shows the our sitting room window missing, we had a fire in 1968.

Lyn, many thanks

Nick S Phillips

hi nick..if you are happy then so am i...i know only to well the feeling we get see seeing old photos of where we lived...correct me if i am wrong..i thought you lived in coralie st or did you live in both :rolleyes:

lyn

hi nick..if you are happy then so am i...i know only to well the feeling we get see seeing old photos of where we lived...correct me if i am wrong..i thought you lived in coralie st or did you live in both :rolleyes:

lyn
Hi Lyn, you are correct we lived at 26 Coralie St which was on the corner of Prescott St with one side of shop/house in Prescott St with back door up the entry, shop door and house door in Coralie St. Your photos shows the shop in five photos and in one photo shows the two shop windows that were in Prescott St.

Lyn, once again many thanks

Nick S Phillips

Hi Lyn, you are correct we lived at 26 Coralie St which was on the corner of Prescott St with one side of shop/house in Prescott St with back door up the entry, shop door and house door in Coralie St. Your photos shows the shop in five photos and in one photo shows the two shop windows that were in Prescott St.

Lyn, once again many thanks

Nick S Phillips
[/Q
does anyone have an interest in prescott street as i have about 20 photos

lyn
I have to thank Lyn for the great Photos regarding Prescott St.
I've spent a long time looking for photos of the area.

Nick S Phillips
UOTE]

Photo #8 (in post #23) appears on the Winson Green to Brookfields site here http://www.winsongreentobrookfields.co.uk/prescott-street Someone posted on there that they have an undated postcard which suggests could have been called the ‘Prize Medal’ pub. They also speculate as to whether ‘Prize Medal’ was in fact a brand name for an M&B beer.

Two(possibly) unusual names for a pub. Maybe we should have a thread about this one as we don’t seem to have anything covering the Mona Stores ? Viv.

Last edited:
hi dan i have posted all the photos on this thread that i have of prescott st...its best to start reading the thread from post 1

lyn

Back