• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Prescott Street All Saints

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks...would anyone have a little map please showing me where prescott st...all saints area is was....and does anyone know if its still there...im now searching for any pics of it....

cheers...

lyn:):)

thanks mike...so its next to hingeston st...ive just found out then that my dads mom and dad and moms grandad lived only a street apart in 1930..

cheers mike...

lyn:)

hi folks...would anyone have a little map please showing me where prescott st...all saints area is was....and does anyone know if its still there...im now searching for any pics of it....

cheers...

H
HI, If you look up " Cathy come home" you will find then and now photos with presscott st shown

hi nick since i made that post i have found photos of this street ive also seen cathy come home.....thanks for the map as well mike i know hingeston st has been shortened a lot but did not realise that prescott st had completely gone..

lyn

Last edited:

cheers...

Lyn, I was born in 1952 at Coralie St, which was next to Presscott street.
If you know where to look you can see where Presscott St was its been renamed.
If you look up "Reel streets" you can see a "now and then " photo.
I would be happy to meet you at the site and explain where Presscott St was.
If you want to take up my offer just send me a note and we can arrange a time and date.
To me its still home.

Nick S Phillips.

hi nick since i made that post i have found photos of this street ive also seen cathy come home.....thanks for the map as well mike i know hingeston st has been shortened a lot but did not realise that prescott st had completely gone..

lyn
Lyn, I was in the area yesterday, if you know where to look you can see where Prescott St was.

Nick S Phillips

hi nick yes i am sure i would find it ...just had a look at the scottish overlay maps...shame the whole of prescott st has gone:(

lyn

hi nick yes i am sure i would find it ...just had a look at the scottish overlay maps...shame the whole of prescott st has gone:(

lyn
Hi Lyn, not sure what "Scottish overlay maps " are, I was born in Coralie St in 1952. I still feel at home in area. If you look at "Reel streets" "Cathy come home" you will find then and now photos.
If you know where to look you can see where Prescott St was, Which I would be willing to show anyone that's got any interest in the old streets of Birmingham.

Nick S Phillips.

Last edited:
Hi Lyn, not sure what "Scottish overlay maps " are, I was born in Coralie St in 1952. I still feel at home in area. If you look at "Reel streets" "Cathy come home" you will find then and now photos.
If you know where to look you can see where Prescott St was, Which I would be will to show anyone that's got any interest in the old streets of Birmingham.

Nick S Phillips.
Hi Nick, fellow Brookfields lad. I used to live in New Spring st.

here you go nick a great little tool ...all you have to do is to move the blue dot which will then make the map fade in and out from a map of when the streets were there to what is there now..ive spent hours using this facility...i have hopefully left it on prescott st...enjoy

Many thanks for the map, I wish I could make it work. In my head I can still see the streets around Coralie St and Prescott St. I am pleased that I've been able to show a number of people where streets were.

Thanks
Nick S Phillips

Last edited:
Many thanks for the map, I wish I could make it work. In my head I can still the streets around Coralie St and Prescott St. I am pleased that I've been able to show a number of people where streets were.

Thanks
Nick S Phillips

Here is a view you may well remember, Wilkes Chemist (far left) was on the corner of George SWilkes chemist corner of PS GSW & HS 1956.jpgBrookfieldsMap #1.jpgt West & Prescott Street.

A rather later image, Prescott Street was again far left of image next to the metal railings.

The second image was on the corner of where Ellen Street met Prescott Street.

Hingeston Street George Street West Prescott Street 2002.jpgEllen Street Prescott Street Corner 2002.jpg

Back