• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Prefabs

Hi Lyn, sorry to go off topic, but is that a photo of your Dad and Mom, ?? over your name,? I think it's a beautifully composed one, and so full of happiness, I have a similar, one, of my parents with them both in uniform, from about the same date which I treasure!!

Hi Lyn, sorry to go off topic, but is that a photo of your Dad and Mom, ?? over your name,? I think it's a beautifully composed one, and so full of happiness, I have a similar, one, of my parents with them both in uniform, from about the same date which I treasure!!
hi paul no problems....yes you guessed it my avatar is our mom and dad they met aged 14...that photo is taken in 1947 when they were both just 18 when dad was home on leave from national service and is my favourite photo of them and i have it framed in my living room...i know they are my mom and dad but i think they were such a good looking couple...dad tried as a lot did back then to add some colour to moms dress and lips...they married when they were both 24..miss them dearly

lyn

Last edited:
hi paul no problems....yes you guessed it my avatar is our mom and dad they met aged 14...that photo is taken in 1947 when they were both just 18 when dad was home on leave from national service and is my favourite photo of them and i have it framed in my living room...i know they are my mom and dad but i think they were such a good looking couple...dad tried as a lot did back then to add some colour to moms dress and lips...they married when they were both 24..miss them dearly

lyn
Great story! The fact that they waited until they were 24 was unusual for those days.

Back