• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Potters Field,Aston

mossg

master brummie
Mike if you see this post,I wonder if you could tell me where Potters Field was as i have a G G G Grandfather living there in 1851.Mossg

On the 1851 census, the house immediately before Potters Field was The Park Tavern on Walsall road (presumably now High St Aston). Then came Potters Field houses, and then Aston Furnace. Not managed to pin it down any more

Thanks Mike,there is a lot of great information there. As you say there would have been quite an incline on that football pitch,i bet the opposition did not look forward to playing away to Dreadnought FC. Moss

Back