• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Posting pictures on the forum.

W

Wendy

I seem to be having problems posting photo's or saving them. If I click on a small photo to enlarge my screen goes dark and freezes. The same thing happens when I try to post a picture. Any suggestions what may be causing this. I have no problem saving then to coppermine.

Wendy I forgot to ask - Windows or Apple or other? Does this happen in any browser?

If using a different browser does not give satisfactory results, can you use a different computer or tablet to test whether it is a setting in your computer or a wrong setting in your forum account.

I am using windows. I don't have any trouble anywhere else only on the forum. I have no idea how to check forum account settings.

Ideally it would be best to try a log-in from another computer belonging to a relative or friend - this would prove whether it is your device or some setting in the forum is causing your problems.

Alternatively I notice you are 'admin' and perhaps you could ask another admin member to log in as you and see what happens with image displays etc. For peace of mind you would probably change your password after this !

Forum account settings are usually set to a default - I can't remember ever changing anything in my account.
Access is via 'Settings' (top right) and on the screen that appears, see 'My Settings' and then 'General Settings'. With my account I can see various 'ticked' boxes referring to images but I would be surprised if they had altered from default.

Try a different browser, settings in them can affect image displays.

I saw the following quote after a 'Google look' but it was from a forum owner referring to his own forum settings and the solution was not simple ....

When I view a post with a thumbnail image on my forum, the thumbnail displays fine, but when I click on it, the screen goes dark but no image is displayed - the screen just stays dark and will not return to normal by clicking on it. Refreshing the page (F5) returns to the normal page display.

Thank you for your help oldMohawk I will try and log on from Michael's computer and see what happens.

Back