• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Posting Interests TARONI, SADLER, PRITCHATT, BRADSHAW

I was at school (Erdington Grammar) with Kim Taroni...she was in my year, but not my form.
It was her dad that had the scrap business I think.
So they 'may' have lived in, or around, Erdington.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Guy Taroni is also my Guy Taroni

Hi Patsy,
Just reading your postings & from them I can see that your Guy Taroni is also my Guy Taroni, he is my Great Great Grandfather. Married to Alice circa 1906, son Alfred married to Elsie Stone 1938. Guys father is Augustine married to Ruth Pritchatt 1870 at St Mary, Aston Brook, they had about 7 living children. 4 definitely confirmed. Believe he also married again shortly before he died in 1909. Guys father also believed to be Guy, married to Anne circa 1839 (not confirmed) Would love to hear from you, exchange info etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
taroni

Hi Gemini
Sorry for the delay in replying, I have not been on this site for a while. Yes it seems we have Guy Taroni in common. My connection is to Alice Elizabeth Sadler, my great aunt. Am happy to share info, not that I have much on the Taroni's. regards Patsy

:angel: This my link to the Tarone/Taroni Family. Sarah ann had once been married to my Great/Great Uncle James Hampton and the Hampton girls in the census were his children

Marriages Mar 1879
Hampton
Sarah Ann Birmingham 6d 162

TARONI
Guy Birmingham 6d 162

Household:1881 Cen
Name Relation Marital Status
Guy TARONE Head M Male 38
Stafford, England
Brassfounder

Sarah Ann TARONE Wife M Female 39
Birmingham, Warwick, England
(Prev' Hampton)

Edwin TARONE Son U Male 16
Polisher

Ada HAMPTON
Daur In Law
(Step Daur) U Female 14
No Trade

Florence TARONE Daur U Female 1

Clara HAMPTON Daur In Law
(Step Daur) U Female 7
Scholar
(Clara Married James Sarratt in 1899, she died in child birth 1905 by this tome they had moved to Ashton U Line and James S then Married Nellie Batty in1911)

Annie HAMPTON Daur In Law
(Step Daur) U Female 4
Scholar

Clara TARONE Mother Female 70
Stafford, England

Source Information:

Dwelling
Moland St No 40
Census Place

Not sure how, but Sarah Ann also managed to be at my Grt/Grt/gran's place on the 1881 cen's too, she must have popped just down the street to see that Gran was ok with the numerater comming. They all lived in Moland St where Gran had lived at least since 1851

Household:1881 Cen
Name Relation Marital Status
Miria HAMPTON Head W Female 60
Birmingham, Warwick, England Laundress

Sarahann HAMPTON Daur In Law M Female 39
Birmingham, Warwick, England Laundress

Source Information:
Dwelling Moland St No 99
Census PlaceBirmingham, Warwick, England

jean F N Taroni

Hi
I have an Aunt called Jean Andrews nee Jean FN Taroni.
She lived in Birmingham with William Andrews and if i remember rightly (40yrs ago)the road she lived in was adjuacent to Dyas Road in Birmingham not sure if it was Grt barr or kingstanding.
Jean went on to have 3 children Carol Margaret and Pauline
but what i would like to know is who is Jean Taroni parents. I cant bring up the Taroni name at all on FreeBmd or Ancestry.

Does anyone know anything of her. I think she was born around 1920/30

thanks
cathy

taroni

hi cathy , i suppose you know of the taroni's that had a breakers yard on aston church road in nechells,i also went to school with a david prince ,nephew of mr taroni .he and i went to eliot street school ,nechells . hope it helps a little . jeff

hi jeff

Yes idid know that from googleing in internet. thaks all the same.:)

hi just wandering if the taronies are the same ones who still run the scrap on chester road in nechells as toni was a realy good freind of my moms .and remember when i was a kid going to sheilas when mom needed parts for the car lol.:)

We used to live next door to Taroni's Breakers yard and garage in Willis street nechells and as children used to play in his Yard . My sister once went in there to play in a beautiful white party dress .. I think she was about 4 years old . She got totallly oiled up and he had to call for mum to come and get her . We were the Payton family and lived at 72 Willis street
Best wishes Jean

Hi. My ex mother in law was Florence Ophelia Agnes Sadler born 1915 in Aston

Wow .. This is great fun tracking this family .. We lived at number 72 Willis street and knew the Taronis . it must have been around 1960ish cos I was born in 1956 and we left there when I was 7 . But I do remember as kids playing in Taronis yard . My mum had just dressed my elder sister up in a lovely white dress and she ambled off to play in the scrap yard .. cos she was a tomboy .. she got absolutely filthy and Mum remembers him calling mum to go fetch her and him finding it all very amusing .
Ther was also a shop nearby run by Mrs Rose . I remember all of this . Does any one here remember MY gran whos house we lived at ? Her name was Sarah .. Payton or Rhodes by her 2nd marriage ? She was in her late 60s and used to pub crawl with he little black and white dog and me a 4 year old in tow ?? she also usedf to place a bet every saturday :) Bless her .
Jean

the Taroni family lived in cromwell street where they had a coal yard Joe Tatoni married my sister in law Kathleen i know he died but am not sure if kathleen is still alive the ones i knew were gus joe henry and their parents

Back