• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Posting Interests TARONI, SADLER, PRITCHATT, BRADSHAW

I also have Taroni, Sadler, Bradshaw in my tree.

I have Guy Taroni married to Alice Elizabeth Sadler (b1884)

Samuel Sadler (b1864) married to Alice Bradshaw (b1865)

Walter Sadler (b1893) married to Lavinia Hanson (b1893)

Do these have anything in common with your tree?

I do not (at the moment) have any Pritchatt's

regards Patricia

Cromwell

Sorry to bother you but the link above for James doesn't work, any idea why? I posted a reply but cannot e-mail.

Patsy I suppose he logged on posted his question and logged of with no forwarding E-Mail Address
Leave a message for him here as he only logged in as a guest leaving no details

:angel: I have a connection to Guy Taroni/e through my Hampton family, both Guy and Sarah had been married before :
Marriages Mar 1879
Hampton
Sarah Ann Birmingham 6d 162

TARONI
Guy Birmingham 6d 162
Pom :angel:

Last edited:
Hi Pomgolian

I don't know if there is a connection. My Guy Taroni married Alice Elizabeth Sadler (b1884) they had one son Alfred John Taroni in 1916. Could your Guy Taroni be mines father/uncle as he was born c1843? Maybe the previous generation. Be very interesting to find out more.

Patsy

:angel: Patsy,.‚.. My source believes this to be our 'Guy's' family from 1861 census:

Ann Tarone abt 1812 Staffordshire, England
Gaetano Tarone abt 1843 Staffordshire, England
Gaetars Tarone abt 1812 location, Italy
John Tarone abt 1848 location, Staffordshire, England
Mary Tarone abt 1846 location, Staffordshire, England
Civil parish: Birmingham
Ecclesiastical parish: Bishop Ryder
Town: Birmingham
County/Island: Warwickshire
(I'm not sure though as where did 'Mother Clara Tarone' 1881 come from (maybe a second marriage by Gaetars Tarone)? ).

Do you have the 1881 Census records of Aston ?.‚.. There are two other families one with Augustne (c b: 1841) as the head married to Ruth (m: June to Ruth Pritchatt 1870) and they also a son called Augustine (b:1871) They lived in Lichfield Rd and John's (c b:1848) family are also there living in New John St.

My contact source also feels that Augustine (1841) and Gaetano Tarone c b:1843) are possibly brothers or cousins (However this has not been confirmed), as we have been unable to find Augustine in 1861 as yet. What we really need is the 1851 census records on the Tarone/i.‚.. family/ies.

Hope that all makes sense ? You can email me or PM me if you wish too.

Is that the Taroni's of scrap yard & Hunting fame? the ones who lived out on the London Road between Bassett's pole & the belfry

Chris/Patsy think this could be them in 1851

1851 England Census Record
about Augustus Tyrone
Name: Augustus Tyrone
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1840
Relation: Son
Father's name: James
Mother's name: Ann
Where born: Stafford, Staffordshire, England

Civil Parish: Stafford St Mary
Ecclesiastical parish: Christchurch
Town: Stafford
County/Island: Staffordshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View Image

Registration district: Stafford
Sub-registration district: Stafford
ED, institution, or vessel: 9j
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 212
Household Members: Name Age
Harriet Anslow 19
Henry Anslow 1
Henry Anslow 5
Thomas Anslow 4
Ann Dutton 78
James Dutton 81
Sarah Hawkins 35
William Hawkins 11
Henry Hill 10
Ellen Ireene 1
George Ireene 4
Jane Ireene 25
Arther James 9
Benjamin James 11
William Plant 4
Samuel Salt 4
John Saunt 14
Lucy Toy 45
Ann Tyrone 35
Augustus Tyrone 11
Guy Tyrone 9
John Tyrone 4
Mary Tyrone 5
James Woodward 11

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 1999; Folio: 337; Page: 65; GSU roll: 87401.

Colin

and how about this for 1841

John Sread abt 1821 Staffordshire, England St Mary and St Chad Staffordshire
View Record Mary Sread abt 1821 Staffordshire, England St Mary and St Chad Staffordshire
View Record Agustin Tarone abt 1840 Staffordshire, England St Mary and St Chad Staffordshire
View Record Ann Tarone abt 1811 Staffordshire, England St Mary and St Chad Staffordshire
View Record Guy Tarone abt 1811 Foreign Parts St Mary and St Chad Staffordshire

Colin

Reply 9 has got the right name  O0
As I am in touch with the family and have pics

Well I think that clears some of it up and it looks to me that both Augustus Jr 1840 and Gaetano Jr 1843 call themselves Guy after leaving home.

What do the rest of you think ?

Yes Crommie I always spell the name Taroni in my files. However the copies from census' has to be posted as they have written it, or how it's been transcribed on the records.

So which branch of the family are you in touch with.‚.. Crommie ?

Believe it not Chris OZ, long story but I have a photo of Augustine Taroni outside the Eagle Pub Scholefield St having a pint with my Dad, the ones I am talking about are from the Scrap yard side of the family and the "Hunting Fame"
1939 Katherine , Augustine and Alfred Taroni lived at 59 Willis St before moving to Scholfield St after the war,our court yard backed onto Taroni's back yard
Sheila (Maiden name Taroni) worked at the Hilton Hotel with my wife last year her relative are Len,Bill.Joe, Doreen Betty just to name a few I can remember Doreen and Joe are still alive and live in Brum,Bill lives in OZ. There are loads of Taroni's still in Brum but because of a family fued most dont talk to the other half
So happy hunting

Cromwell was it not Henry Taroni that died I think about 2004? He was the one that had the car boot sales on his farm land on Saturdays.Thats the one I said was based on the London road Bassetts Pole.

cromwell - sorry to continue this discussion but you mention Alfred Taroni, would that be Alfred John, joined the army, married Elsie. I think they had a son John? If so they are the Taroni's I know of. Alfred's mom would be Alice Elizabeth, and dad was Guy. (maybe Augustine/Guy married again as I do not have Katherine) I'm finding the Taroni different spellings and changing first names exhausting, what do you think!

Patsy the only way you can find out is by were they lived the ones I knew lived in the Nechells area from the 20's till the 60's when it was all demolished and the name over the yard was Taroni
What years are you talking about ?

Sorry not sure where they lived. My connection is to Alice Sadler. My Aunt (b1915) gave me the info, sadly no longer with us, she played with alfred (b 1916),(her cousin) and her Dad, my granddad, worked for them for many years. My Granddad lived in Floodgate street in 1913 then in about 1936 moved to Wychford Grove, Bordsley Green, but still worked there and did so for many years. Alice was my Granddad's sister, I'm not sure if he was working there before his sister married, maybe she got him a job there!

It is not critical for me to find out more, but its just interesting to get a bit of background on the family stories I've always been told. My dad would keep us entertained for hours with stories about the Taroni's and the Verrecchia's I wish I had written them down now!

Patsy if I told ya the stories about the Taroni's I'd have a bounty on my head

Back