• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Postie's Move

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Some of you may have noticed that I've not on the site as much as I usually do ( and some may be saying, " who the heck is Postie "? ) anyway the reason is that I have relocated to North Wales and have been very busy.
The site has been run by my excellent team of moderators with help from my Son, Warren.
This team did an amazing job and carried out the tasks in a very professional manner. Without their efforts and know how, it would of meant suspending the site, so we all owe them a great deal.
It is good to see that members are also doing their bit by helping each other out with problems they may have.
Once again a great big THANK YOU to everybody.

Jim and Hilary.

Hi Jim
well said and put and i am sure we will all miss you and i hope you settle down well and keep in touch and i want to say thank you for all your work you and your good lady as done for us and the forum you will be missed but i am vey confident tjhat your warren will do a great job and keep us on our toes and do well for us all ; after all we have a great eam of admins so we all appreciate every one of them and all there hard work they do just like your self you going to wales and stepping back its like having my arm chopped off ;
still we are all wishing you well and that ypou will post us from timeto time we know whom the boss is do not worry its in caple hands l;
and a personal thanks from me jimbo ; postie for getting me back on the forum i was inabit of a state i was virtuly next to tears beleive me
as i have just come out of hospital and trying to get in touch with my family [ the fpoprum and admin ] was inpossible ; many thanks postie - jim
best wishes and look after your self Alan ;; Astonian;;

Postie,

I had noticed you hadn't posted much lately but I just assumed you were very busy with the running of the forum. I hope your move went well and that you will be very happy in your new home.

A very big thank you to your son and the moderators for keeping the site going in your absence - it would have been greatly missed if it had been suspended so

Well done to all involved and Thank you again!

All the very best for the future Jim and Hilary, you couldn't have chosen a lovelier part of GB. Big thanks to the Mods for keeping the site ticking over and sorting problems out?. Jean. How about starting a quiz to guess just which part of North Wales?.

best wishes to you and hilary jim...hope you love your home in wales and thanks to everyone behind the scenes who keep this forum running..dont forget..if ever you need a lodger you know where to find me.

lyn

Last edited:
Nice neck of the woods. Hope the pair of you are really happy in your new home:peaceful:

I can feel a meet coming on in North Wales

Well done to "the second team", proved themselves more than capable in you absence Jim. Good luck in your new home and don't forget the old wives tale "new house, new baby"!!!!!!
jimbo

Best wishes to you both, hope you will be very happy in your new home. Thanks to all who kept us up and running, a job well done.
Lynne.

Hope you both settle in quickly I have family up that way so may pop in next year. Lovely place to live.

you would do anything to get out of a round lol. Nice place to move to Im sure you will soon settle in , But just in case you need any help you know where i live. Please pass on my thanks to Waren and the team

Thanks Jim for your support of the Moderators and also for your confidence in us to take care of your site.

Since you have been here on BHF for 11 years (November 15th 2002), and came to the rescue when it looked like it would have to finish, I think you deserve a paddle and some candyfloss,LOL.

Hope you and Hilary enjoy your new home. regards Alberta.

P.S. and thanks to Warren for all his good work.

Last edited:
As a newbie I would like to add my best wishes to you and take this opportunity to say an ENORMOUS THANK YOU to all of you who run this remarkable site. You are making the archive for our future generations. You are a very professional and friendly team and evidently enjoy what you do despite a " few " headaches !! Once again THANK YOU.

Wishing you and Hilary every happiness as you start a new chapter in your lives. Thanks also to Warren and the Admin. team for all their hard and efficient work in keeping the Forum going. I didn't even notice the "seam".

All the very best for the future to you both. And a BIG thanks for keeping this show on the road. A truly great site, something you should be very proud of. Best wishes from Viv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Best wishes for happiness in your new home.
Thanks go to Warren, his family, and all the "Mods" who looks after us!
rosie.

Welcome to North Wales, watch out for the motor cycles on the mountain roads at week ends. When asked "Where do you come from "
I still answer Birmingham, and that's after 59 years, most of it in the Conwy valley

Congratulations to you and Hilary on your new home, hope you will make some of the meets still!
And thanks to Warren and the moderator team for keeping things going in your absence.
We are in Rhyl next week, will play I-spy while we are up there for you.
Sue

Back