• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

January 2009 edition our Postie/Jim article about Dick Holland

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
WELL I HOPE ITS OUR JIM PRITCHARD OR ELSE IVE JUST DROPPED A CLANGER...:rolleyes:

just like to say jim how much i enjoyed reading your article about the soldier dick holland...just one of many thousands of brave men...

lyn..:)

Alf, he is probably in the magazine because he knows you and me.

You have got it in one Trevor, I didn't really want to say it:D

What great piece Jim so well written like Lyn I really enjoyed it. Dick Holland was another of our unsung hero's. Thanks for the article Jim. I also enjoyed the piece on the Birmingham Architects. For Percy Sherma fans there are some lovely articles as well as photo's.

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year to you all.

I'd just like to re-iterate thanks to Jim (Postie) for the sterling work he has done in getting the article together about Dick Holland. I'm biased in my thanks really as Richard Holland (Dick) was my father - I'm no. 3 daughter who came along in 1947. Like Jim said - Dad didn't discuss his POW experiences with us and it's only recently that my sister's and I actually found out where the camp was where Dad spent those 6 long years during the war. Ironically, it may seem, that his fate then did at least save his life when so many of his battalion lost theirs. We lost our dear mother in 2008 in her100th year and I know she too would have been so proud to have read the article - so many thanks again Jimbo x

Back