• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Postie, 10th Anniversary.

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations to Jim/Postie on being a member for 10 years.

If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be able to post this today.
We all owe him so much for coming to the rescue when things went so badly wrong a few years ago and BHF was in danger of disappearing.
Thanks also to his son Warren for sorting out the 'technical bits', LOL.
Oh! not forgetting Hilary.

Thank you Jim, regards, Alberta

I would like to pass on my congratulations and thanks as well.

Well done Jim.

Well said Alberta I am amazed how time flies.. Well done Jim we are totally indebted to you and your family for saving our forum.

Congratulations on your achievement Jim. Thanks for all the work Hilary, Warren & yourself have done for this site over the decade. May you continue for many more decades. Barry.

Very well done, Jim, for keeping the whole thing afloat and at the same time civilised, good-tempered, informative, entertaining and happy.

Chris

i am so pleased we have this thread running not just to say congrats to jim for his 10 years as a member but also to say a big thank you for stepping in at the breach a couple of years back (or is it longer) and saving this forum from sinking...for my part as i suspect many members it has been my saviour over the past 5 years and has kept me relatively sane lol....without it our forum meet ups would not have happened...we started them with just 6 of us turning up at the bull in 2009 and now they go from strength to strengh bringing so many of us fine brummies together under one roof...thank you jim...

lyn xx

thankyou.gif

Last edited:
Brilliant job Jim. 10 years!! That's staying power. I'll second Lyn on helping to keep us sane ... works wonders for me too. A big thankyou Jim. Viv.

Thanks you for keeping the forum alive and kicking Jim, Warren for his IT skills and Hillary for her backing.
112233_th.gif
From Jean.

Happy Anniversary Jim, Hilary and Warren and many thanks for keeping the forum in running order - not so sure about the sanity though, if we are sane, pity the rest of the population lol!
Sue

Happy 10th Anniversary Jim...BHF's Saviour. Rescued and running so well these days. I will never forget the day when Jim agreed to take over the site and all the hard work and long hours he and Warren put in over several weeks so that BHF survived. Later on all our photoes were hacked and once again the site was saved. Thanks to Hilary also. What would we do without you all.

Congrats Jim for 10 years on the Forum, and thanks for your efforts and those of Warren and Hilary since you saved the Forum. I have been a member for 10 years also, joining in August 2002, have seen many changes in that time but we are still going strong and are solvent thanks to you.

Thank you all for your messages of thanks but its not me you should be thanking its yourselves, because without your hard work and valuable input, there wouldn't be a forum.
As long as just ONE person gets some sort of pleasure out the site, then its all worthwhile, once again many thanks to you all.

Many congratulations and also thanks Jim for doing a grand job for us all :star::star::star:

Back