• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

posted again

OtherHalf

posher half
Have posted this elsewhere and may have been off topic so apologise for that
seen this thread and saw lloyds link on the E83 my dad had one late fifties used it to go to work etc as he did a bit of travelling luton mainly One night I sneaked the keys and crept out of the house I was 10 yrs old he used to park it at the top of a hill (millmead rd) put the key in and turned it over and as it was in gear you guessed it it went off down the road with me at the steering wheel trying desperately to make it stop only I couldnt one side of the road to the other down the hill and crashed into a lampost still kept going to the bottom of the hill and round the corner:( when I eventually stopped in a flood of tears nobody about it was very early in the morning managed to get back home and put the keys back in my Dads pocket funny thing is he wasnt insured it had run out a couple of days previous:( so he received the Bill for street furniture of £20.1s and 8d he never knew it was me for years I darent have told him at the time it was a lot of years later plucked up enough courage to tell him , he smiled and said he should have known it was me :)nobody else would have had the BL..dy cheek :D

it was a lot of years later plucked up enough courage to tell him , he smiled and said he should have known it was me....
not exactly as I remember it Other Half:D:D

well I couldnt put the blue expletives in could I we would be off the air
icon7.gif

Back