• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Postcard of unknown family

I originally started this thread in 2009, thanks to an appreciate received today (thank-you Anthony) I realised that the image had been lost (probably when the site was hacked).
This is a postcard sent to my grandfather Evelyn Hector Keight and signed Detective Sexton Blakey (probably a reference to the fictional detective). I have no knowledge of the person who sent it perhaps someone may know the family members (it's a nice family photo).

Attachments

• Postcard 13101913.jpg
    Postcard 13101913.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 83
  • Postcard 13101913r.jpg
    Postcard 13101913r.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 84
Good evening John,

I have just recently had this image sent to me from a newly found distant-cousin (through ancestry dna). I believe it is indeed the Blakey family which I am a descendent of. How amazing that 107 years later two descendants of the original sender & receiver are in correspondence with each other :):cool: I will work out how to message you privately - thank you for posting this online so that I could find you

Welcome Andrew. Wonderful postcard and an interesting history. And thank you Brummie-lad for re-posting the image.

You can message another member by clicking on the envelope next to your avatar on the blue bar above. It will offer you “Start a conversation” Just type in the member’s name and your message.

Viv.

Andrew, these are pictures from the Victoria Convalescent Home at Clevedon, in each picture I think your relative is the tallest man, he is pictured standing behind his wife on one picture. I imagine these were taken c. 1910.
I never met my grandfather he was born in 1890 and died in 1939, by all accounts he suffered ill-health most of his life, certainly he does not look well in the pictures.

Attachments

• evelyn hector keight sitting 2nd from rhs.jpg
    evelyn hector keight sitting 2nd from rhs.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 30
  • evelyn hector keight standing at back 5th from rhs.jpg
    evelyn hector keight standing at back 5th from rhs.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 31
  • evelyn hector keight standing at back lhs.jpg
    evelyn hector keight standing at back lhs.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 32
  • evelyn hector keight top 3rd from right.jpg
    evelyn hector keight top 3rd from right.jpg